Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Recommendation for Polaris Seating 77W and 772

Old Aug 5, 2019, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I am traveling with family of 4 (2 adults/ 2 tweens/ teens) flying to Hong Kong on UA 179 in Polaris (77W equipment). Return is HKG to SFO on 772.

Looking for suggestions on where to sit. I have a child a little under 15yo. So is row 9 on the Exit row - its not clear from the seat maps.
Also, row 9 - in front of the lavs/ gallery - it that a big bother?

thank you!
Old Aug 5, 2019, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
The exits at Doors 1 and 2 are from galleys, so no Polaris seats are considered exit rows from a legal standpoint. Odd D/G pairs are the only seats where can really see another pax; anything else and your kids are going to be somewhat on their own (probably just fine at their age). Galley noise is comparable to other aircraft - it bothers some and not others. Personally I don't think the footwell makes the bulkhead really "worth it" but almost any odd-row Polaris seat is a good pick.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 1:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
There are separate "Where to sit threads" for each type of UA aircraft.
a complete listing is here Consolidated Where to Sit on a United Plane Threads

Detailed threads
772 - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...seats-77j.html

77W - Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 777-300ER

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.