Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA 787 air fresheners????

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2019, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
I think you can safely assume the deodorizing bags were not used for consumption.
You know what happens when you assume...
transportprof likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
probably the same thing happens when you go on a search for a specific type of airline air freshener scent?
Old Aug 18, 2019, 1:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
The air freshening soap dispenser is made by a company called Freshorize. I'm not sure if the scent is custom or not.

A quick googling doesn't appear to show any way of purchasing the scent for at home use.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by keisari
In the old days (1970's) when I was a kid I remember the flight attendant spraying the cabin with "something to kill the bugs"
It always smelled like a mild pesticide and who knows what terrible effects it had on us.
I assume this smell is different.
they still do this in South Africa. It’s miserable lol.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by mfirst
ok, slightly foolishly, I purchases the Polaris-branded air fresher that UA sells on their website - but this is not the same as the "grapefruit" stuff they use on their planes

any other thoughts or ideas?

I know this sounds crazy.....but we are all a little nuts sometimes

-m
Since I also have the Polaris reed diffuser, it's the same scent they use in the warm towels and at the entrances of United Clubs.

United Airlines’ signature “Landing” cabin fragrance features hints of orange peel, bergamot, cypress, black pepper, black tea, sandalwood, leather and more. The scent is part of the airline’s strategy to relax and reinvigorate its passengers.
I'm guessing, based on what I can remember, is that the lavatory version is more like Landing-lite - it kept the citrus scent, but without the sandalwood or floral undertone.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 2:54 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
ok, slightly foolishly, I purchases the Polaris-branded air fresher that UA sells on their website - but this is not the same as the "grapefruit" stuff they use on their planes

any other thoughts or ideas?

I know this sounds crazy.....but we are all a little nuts sometimes

-m
Could it be something from cowshed? I believe they were involved in the development of the Polaris marketing. It's probably a custom blend for UA/Polaris, but might be worth a shot to contact Cowshed and/or united.

Please keep us updated!
Old Aug 29, 2019, 4:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
Small Update... I met someone from UA Provisioning and of all the questions I could have asked, this is the one that I blurted out of my mouth first. The scent is NOT a custom blend, and it has no relation to the "Landing" Scent.

My source was unsure if the scent packs came from freshorize or if it's subcontracted out.
PTahCha and wavid like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
interesting that this is so difficult to figure out?????

hmmmm

-m
Old Nov 2, 2021, 6:07 pm

United Airlines in-flight lavatory hand soap

Ok, call me a little silly - but on a recent UA 787 (IAD-DIA) flight the in flight air fresheners - similar to some of the Polaris (I think scents) smelled of 'grapefruits' or similar?

Is this something available as a candle or room freshener?
...soaps/lotion?
Happy to hear that you found the in-flight hand soap pleasant. Yes, you are correct. The fragrance includes notes of grapefruit. Unfortunately the hand soap is not available for purchase as it was formulated exclusively for United. I too wish it can be purchased!

Last edited by UnitedAirlinesWHQ; Nov 2, 2021 at 11:49 pm
Old Nov 2, 2021, 6:40 pm

Hi UnitedAirlinesWHQ, welcome to FlyerTalk! Is that a new account that will parallel UA Insider (and maybe others)? I know many of us here would warmly welcome the ability to interact more frequently with UA management.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
What an interesting (and rather obscure) choice of thread for an apparent United corporate representative to make a FT premiere...
goodeats21, Dyce and DJ_Iceman like this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by jpezaris
Hi UnitedAirlinesWHQ, welcome to FlyerTalk! Is that a new account that will parallel UA Insider (and maybe others)? I know many of us here would warmly welcome the ability to interact more frequently with UA management.

Hi there,
No this is NOT an insider of management whatsoever! Just a UA team member who also loves this soap.

Originally Posted by EWR764
What an interesting (and rather obscure) choice of thread for an apparent United corporate representative to make a FT premiere...
Nope not management here. Just another team member who loves the soap.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 3, 2021 at 12:02 am Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Nov 3, 2021, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by UnitedAirlinesWHQ
Hi there,
No this is NOT an insider of management whatsoever! Just a UA team member who also loves this soap.

Nope not management here. Just another team member who loves the soap.

Welcome to FlyerTalk. We have several of your UA Colleagues who participate and they always have such great insights.
Looking forward to another UA voice
Old Nov 3, 2021, 6:01 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Happy to hear that you found the in-flight hand soap pleasant. Yes, you are correct. The fragrance includes notes of grapefruit. Unfortunately the hand soap is not available for purchase as it was formulated exclusively for United. I too wish it can be purchased!
Welcome to the soap opera at FT!

I wonder why I never heard anything about the exclusively formulated soap in PA, UA PR or communications to Premier members.

I will pay more attention to the hand soap on plane next time.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
United Airlines in-flight lavatory hand soap

I count myself fortunate indeed that I am not allergic to citric acid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.