Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

GS Qualifying for 2020 Discussion / Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 3, 2019, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA

GS Qualifying for 2020 Discussion

This will be a discussion thread, for discussing the needed qualifications and timing of notification.
2019 GS Timeline:
  • First requalification notifications came out on 6 Dec 2018
  • First-time notifications started about 3 Jan 2019
  • Numerous reports that all regular notifications will be out by 11 Jan 2019
  • Initial successful reconsideration appeals reported 15 Jan 2019
  • First reports of challanges15 Jan 2019
For discussion of GS benefits, please use Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions 2019

If you have received notification about your 2020 GS status, please post in
Global Services 2020 Notifications (ONLY) -- "no discussion" (and as title suggests, this is just for notifications, use this thread for discussions / queries
and
Originally Posted by jp12687
Form Link to collect this years qualification (or rejection) information

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...rm?usp=sf_link

You can view the results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

To find your PQDs if >than $12K
Go to
MileagePlus activity since my last statement and it is in the "Account summary" table at the top of the page.

Note this is not just the UA operated PQDs (which is commonly believed to be what matters for GS) but rather your total PQDs.

Definitions

BIS is actual scheduled flight distance (Great Circle Mileage Distance -- GCM) between airports with 500 mile minimum for elites. This is the standard used for Lifetime miles also. Those flying mostly sub-500 segments sometimes prefer to not use the minimum rule.

The definition for CPM is a bit vaguer, especially since CPM is used in multiple different situations.

Believe for the purpose of this thread, GS qualification, folks are using

PQD CPM = UA PQDs / UA BIS

Note there is no direct evidence UA uses this CPM number for GS Qualification but it is a number FTers like to use.

As for BIS, UA does not report this number your account and it needs to be manually tracked.

One way is to make use that PQMs are based on BIS but there may be a multiplier / bonus for high end fares. If always in 2x PQMs, you could divide by 2 to get BIS.
Last year's thread
GS Qualifying for 2019 Discussion / Questions
Print Wikipost

GS Qualifying for 2020 Discussion / Questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2020, 10:24 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Got mine just now. Happy that United made the move to stay loyal to GS. As a result when I start flying again, I'll definitely be sticking with UA.
manstein58 likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 10:25 am

Programs: UA Global Services and 3MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond/Marriott Titanium Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by spartacusmcfly
They just sent out the new lounge benefit email. See below.
​​​​
I have never once received an email from GS for invites, updates, etc. Including above. I have received calls from GS. What gives? My email address is in my UAL profile? Anyone else? I get my updates basically from FT posts...
Old Aug 6, 2020, 10:27 am

Programs: United 1MM, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by KevinPK1
I have never once received an email from GS for invites, updates, etc. Including above. I have received calls from GS. What gives? My email address is in my UAL profile? Anyone else? I get my updates basically from FT posts...
Is it possible your email is blocking emails from United as spam? I had to whitelist them to ensure I get them (including reservation confirmation emails).
Old Aug 6, 2020, 10:45 am
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by rieuwa
I would have been delighted with the extension; the new UC benefit makes me ecstatic. Thanks United, very much looking forward to being back.
Thanks, Rieuwa. If you’re happy, we’re happy! Looking forward to seeing you in the friendly skies soon.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ouncement.html

Originally Posted by drklain
I use the same thing. I'm debating dropping it or not. GS benefit is only for the member when flying domestic so no family members (which the card gives me). International is a wash as I'm usually alone then. My concern with dropping PP card is that the new offerings seem worse and I am loathe to give up a grandfathered card/benefit I can't get now. Interested to hear how other people are looking at the tradeoffs...
Hi Drklain. We love our Presidential Plus card and we know cardholders do too. Don’t forget - This card gives up to 10K PQP each year towards 1K. There is no other credit card product with that level of PQP earn and this card is no longer taking new enrollees. If you are not GS each year this is a great benefit and provides some security.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ouncement.html

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 6, 2020 at 10:50 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Aug 6, 2020, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by Chukiechz
Also appears million mile companion doesn’t get extended. My wife’s still shows 2021 expire
They don't do this until January, to give you a chance to make a change by the 2020 deadline.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 10:57 am

Programs: UA Global Services and 3MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond/Marriott Titanium Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by drklain
Is it possible your email is blocking emails from United as spam? I had to whitelist them to ensure I get them (including reservation confirmation emails).
No spam. I get all reservations, BP's etc. no problem from UAL.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 11:52 am

Programs: UA GS
no extension here...
Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:10 pm

Programs: Global Services UA 1MM , Ambassador Elite Marriott
I got mine.... I think everyone just needs to look into their own account ... it's there..... Happy as well.... while it's hard for united and the world.....it gives us peace of mind and will also ensure we will continue to be united's army/soldier and re enforcing our will to give united the best of our travel plan and ensure we focus on booking with them... always.... pffffff I can breath now.... This program is so important to me... traveling the world isn't easy.... I will continue to focus on United. Cant wait to start flying again soon.

manstein58 likes this.

Last edited by cbono; Aug 6, 2020 at 12:26 pm Reason: add pic
Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA GS
Maybe its due to the fact that I got mine from Pass Plus...wonder if anyone in the same position got the extension?
Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
For those who were in the middle of a challenge, they're offering a second chance at $12,000. 90 days starting between now and the end of the year. It won't work for me but good luck to those for whom it does.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 1:59 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
As the mystery of 2021 GS "qualification" has finally been addressed, will close this thread and refer all to GS 2021 Announcement: present GS status extended to Jan2022,domestic UC access in 2021

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
cbono likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.