Fun new boarding passes for kids

Old Aug 1, 19, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Ambassador/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Fun new boarding passes for kids

I noticed these at the LAX checkin today and I think it's a lovely touch. I remember getting these when taking the train as a child many years ago. My parents would fill it in with something along the lines of "this ticket is valid from home to grandmother and back home again". The person checking the tickets would clip the kids ticket and take it very seriously.

My little kids will be thrilled to have their own boarding passes on our next family vacation.

Old Aug 2, 19, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by flyerbjorn View Post
My little kids will be thrilled to have their own boarding passes on our next family vacation.
That's great. I remember when I'd fly with my kids when they were young and the pilot would let them come into the cockpit and sit in the seat. Once they even had my daughter make an announcement. These were great trip highlight for them and they proudly wore their wings.

This was all pre-9/11. I haven't seen anything like that in years.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 2, 19 at 9:16 pm Reason: repaired
Old Aug 2, 19, 7:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Johnson21710 View Post
I remember when I'd fly with my kids when they were young and the pilot would let them come into the cockpit and sit in the seat.
I remember, as an adult, spending an hour or so in the copilot seat on BA flying over Greenland and Canada on a flight from LHR to SFO.
Old Aug 2, 19, 7:49 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM
I saw this at the LAX GS lobby as well. They also had tattoo stickers with the alpaca. Thought they were fun for kids, too.
Old Aug 2, 19, 8:06 am

Programs: Northwest WorldPerks, Amtrak Guest Rewards
I noticed these at the LAX checkin today and I think it's a lovely touch. I remember getting these when taking the train as a child many years ago. My parents would fill it in with something along the lines of "this ticket is valid from home to grandmother and back home again". The person checking the tickets would clip the kids ticket and take it very seriously.

That's the most exciting question mark inside a blue square I've ever seen! Surely to be a hit with the kids.

(Seriously, though, the image didn't load for me, on several different devices/browsers, so I have no idea what this is.)
jsloan and nancypants like this.
Old Aug 2, 19, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by rmadisonwi View Post
That's the most exciting question mark inside a blue square I've ever seen! Surely to be a hit with the kids.

(Seriously, though, the image didn't load for me, on several different devices/browsers, so I have no idea what this is.)
I don't even see that.

[/ThisThreadIsUselessWithoutPictures]
wrp96, jsloan, nancypants and 4 others like this.
Old Aug 2, 19, 8:18 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Hopefully they will have them at IAD next Saturday. Heading IAD-CDG with my three little ones..
Old Aug 2, 19, 8:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, OZ
Originally Posted by pseudoswede View Post
I don't even see that.

We want to see!

And the most important question, do they show status
chavala and jsloan like this.
Old Aug 2, 19, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pseudoswede View Post
I don't even see that.

The emperor's new boarding passes are amazing!
Old Aug 2, 19, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by cmhua777 View Post
I saw this at the LAX GS lobby as well. They also had tattoo stickers with the alpaca. Thought they were fun for kids, too.
The iapetus jrs. were offered their choice from four temporary tattoos at the SEA UC last month: penguin, alpaca ... I think a United logo (boring) ... and one other animal. I thought it was a nice touch. They'll be excited about these boarding passes when we fly to ORD in two weeks ... provided they're actually visible.
Old Aug 2, 19, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Johnson21710 View Post
That's great. I remember when I'd fly with my kids when they were young and the pilot would let them come into the cockpit and sit in the seat. Once they even had my daughter make an announcement. These were great trip highlight for them and they proudly wore their wings.

This was all pre-9/11. I haven't seen anything like that in years.
It certainly happens since as well - just not during flight.

This was in 2016; stopped at SFO on our way home from HNL.

narvik likes this.
Old Aug 2, 19, 12:25 pm

Location: MSP, WLG, or the forward most A seat in Y I can get
Programs: UA Gold (and all the derivatives on cars and hotels that implies)
Cockpit visits still very much happen. The young 'un in our family was loudly telling me (and the rest of E+) that we were on a 77W from AKL to SFO, and I was trying to tell him that it was a 777-200 ... The purser stepped in, and said "why don't you come and ask the captain?" Luckily the captain knew what kind of plane he was flying, and hearing it from him, the kiddo accepted that I'd been right
Old Aug 2, 19, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by evanroberts View Post
Cockpit visits still very much happen. The young 'un in our family was loudly telling me (and the rest of E+) that we were on a 77W from AKL to SFO, and I was trying to tell him that it was a 777-200 ... The purser stepped in, and said "why don't you come and ask the captain?" Luckily the captain knew what kind of plane he was flying, and hearing it from him, the kiddo accepted that I'd been right
I never knew about these until I sat in a 744 on the upper deck. I saw kids running up and getting tours. I turned into a 10 year old in a flash and asked for one too.
Old Aug 2, 19, 2:42 pm

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
Why is it that I have never seen a picture of a kid in a cockpit seat who wasn't wearing the widest grin possible.
Old Aug 2, 19, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.6MM, Hertz PC
The curiosity is unbearable!
jsloan and nancypants like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: