Fun new boarding passes for kids

Old Aug 2, 19, 3:15 pm

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Originally Posted by seenitall View Post
Why is it that I have never seen a picture of a kid in a cockpit seat who wasn't wearing the widest grin possible.
We get quite a variety.

Some are too scared to even walk into the cockpit.

Others come in but won't say a word.

Some are eager to hop up in a pilot's seat for a picture but spend all their time looking back at Mom and her camera, not the airplane.

Some won't stop looking around at the lights, screens, and switches long enough for Mom to take a picture.

Some have question after question.

One, I thought, knew more about the airplane than we did! LOL
rockdoc, jsloan, onthesam and 4 others like this.
Old Aug 2, 19, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Preview on Brian Sumer's Twitter page here

YOWCDNFF and AirbusFan2B like this.
Old Aug 3, 19, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, AA, DL, Marriott Silver
So, are these just at the check in counter at LAX, or is there something one needs to do to get/request them. We'll be traveling to LAX and back in the next week or two, and my 4-year-old would love it if they have these. Any reports of these at other stations?

On another somewhat-related note, last year, I think when we were on our way to India on UA/LH, in the PP lounge at CVG, we talked a bit with another family, also on their way to India but on AC all the way. Thier older child, about 4 also, had a 'passport' that had United's name on the cover. Anyone know where that might have come from. I meant to ask onboard about that, but totally forgot, but thinking of it now. Our 4-yo over the years has definitely gotten a few set of UA wings from FAs (and toys on other carriers - LH and NH come to mind), but never seen one of these passport things.
Old Aug 4, 19, 12:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
Originally Posted by seenitall View Post
Why is it that I have never seen a picture of a kid in a cockpit seat who wasn't wearing the widest grin possible.
When I was a ramp rat at FedEx, I was still topside after unloading when the mechanics came on board to move the MD-11 to a different spot on the ramp. They "made" me sit in the co-pilot seat during the move, showed me different screens and controls, had me wear the headset, and very gently use the brake (though I'm sure it was all the mechanic from his seat). I was 26 or 27 and grinning like an idiot the rest of the shift.
jsloan and FriendlySkies like this.
Old Aug 4, 19, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by emcampbe View Post
last year, I think when we were on our way to India on UA/LH, in the PP lounge at CVG, we talked a bit with another family, also on their way to India but on AC all the way. Thier older child, about 4 also, had a 'passport' that had United's name on the cover. Anyone know where that might have come from. I meant to ask onboard about that, but totally forgot, but thinking of it now. Our 4-yo over the years has definitely gotten a few set of UA wings from FAs (and toys on other carriers - LH and NH come to mind), but never seen one of these passport things.
delete. never mind

Last edited by chavala; Aug 10, 19 at 6:06 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: