Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage Drop at MAN, how early?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2019, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Continental OnePass
Baggage Drop at MAN, how early?

Anyone have any experience with checking baggage at MAN for UA 80, particularly how early before the flight it can be done? My wife and I are going to be departing from MAN, me to BRU at 6am and my wife on UA 80 to MAN at 9am. I was hoping if we arrived at 5am my wife could drop off her off her bag (she will have done online check in at T-24) and we could go through security together, but if baggage drop off doesn't open at T-4, then she'll have to wait until it does before she heads through security. .
Old Jul 27, 2019, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I arrived about 2hr30 before the flight. Looked as if it had recently opened so would guess 3 hours ahead.

Note there is no separate 1k or *gold line. And make sure you get the fast lane security pass.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:02 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
From
Europe & Middle East airport check-in counters

See below for information about the check-in counters at airports served by United. All check-in counters in this group open three hours before your scheduled departure time unless otherwise noted below.
Manchester, England
Manchester International Airport (MAN)
Terminal 2
Manchester M90 4AX
England
Additionally, UA has a general T-4 hours restriction on bag check (if the counter is open). But with just the 9 AM MAN-EWR flight, the T-3 hours Check-in counter will set the bag check time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.