Transitioning to a new reservation confirmation

Old Jul 26, 19, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G
Transitioning to a new reservation confirmation

Booking three itineraries tonight, I happened to notice that two of them had a refreshed design. The new ones finally don't show up on my iPhone with a ton of empty white space at the top!

But of course, it was only two of them. The last one still came in with the old template. Also worth noting, the two that came in with the new template had PNR's that consisted of 6 letters, instead of letters and numbers. All flights on all itineraries on UA/UAX.

Anyone know if this is part of a broader transition on the backend or just cosmetic?

New res email template
Old Jul 26, 19, 7:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
UA has been doing rolling modifications of the visual look of many aspects of their customer-facing tools. This changed rolled out a couple days ago. I received it on Wednesday.

The MyFlights / Managing Reservations page was updated about a month, there have been tweaks of itinerary page recent.

So not a sign of a major backend change just looks like another phase of the rolling changes.
Old Jul 26, 19, 7:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Lipstick?
Old Jul 26, 19, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA,UA,AS
Got the new format on a ticket booked last week, the PNR was Alphanumeric. Looks like their incorporating some of their new colors into their emails.
Old Aug 1, 19, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Just got the new design tonight. I guess it has all the info that was on the old one.

It also says
Date of purchase:Fri, Aug 02, 2019
It's not even August 2 right now, let alone when I bought the ticket. Unless they're processing their credit cards in Europe?!?
Old Aug 1, 19, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD
Originally Posted by sexykitten7 View Post
Just got the new design tonight. I guess it has all the info that was on the old one.

It also says: Date of purchase:Fri, Aug 02, 2019

It's not even August 2 right now, let alone when I bought the ticket. Unless they're processing their credit cards in Europe?!?
Got the same "glitch" tonight, and I'm on PDT! Mine also has the following: "Cabin: Business de United (P)".
Old Aug 1, 19, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by sexykitten7 View Post
United IT has been incompetent about time zones in various ways for as long as I can remember. Several colleagues have made similar observations since this update. Best guess? This particular time is expressed in GMT.

I personally would prefer actual problems be addressed, rather than continuing the campaign of converting things to oversized fonts with excessive whitespace.
kale73 likes this.

Search this Thread