Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

RDU United Club open, gates D1/D3-- 10 Aug 2019 (COVID Closure, REOPENED Aug. 29 '21)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
located across from Gates D1 and D3, opened 10 Aug 2019, re-openned 29 Aug 2021
Originally Posted by CMK10
According to the sign posted out front the new hours are 5 AM to 7:30 PM Daily.
It’s 3,800 square feet, offering (in addition to food, cocktails, wine and beer) amenities like Wi-Fi, 98 power outlets and 138 USB ports.
Print Wikipost

RDU United Club open, gates D1/D3-- 10 Aug 2019 (COVID Closure, REOPENED Aug. 29 '21)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by HDQDD
Sorry, I was trying to say that it's United's first new club (anywhere) in 15 years.

I've edited my post to remove the ambiguity.
Is that only in reference to pre-merger United? I thought the LAS Presidents Club opened in 2007 or so. I believe that was the last all-new lounge station for both UA and CO. The rest of the work seems to have been new locations at existing airports (ORD F, SFO E, SAN, BOS, FLL, etc.), temporary lounges, renovations and Polaris.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by GFrye
I saw that mentioned in the article (I had issues accessing the article when I made my previous post).
The journalist most likely got that info from a UA representative, and I guess building a Polaris lounge in a location where there used to be a United Club doesn't count as a "new club."
Surprised as well but yeah I can't lump new PLs as new UC. Just curious what airports have LOST a UC? Always a lot of rumors about closing clubs, CLE comes to mind but I love that club.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
There were a lot of changes happended in various hubs. For example, UCs or part of UC became Polaris lounges (EWR, SFO, IAH, ORD). GFLs became UCs (SFO, IAD) or part of Polaris lounge (ORD and LAX), etc. There have been so many refreshments of UCs, too. I think that the UC at Area E of SFO is a new addition in the past few years.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by nomad420
Just curious what airports have LOST a UC?
Since the merger, in terms of airports that have lost all UA-branded lounges:

JFK, EZE, MEL, GRU, SJU, CDG. PTY became a full-on Copa Club. Can't think of any others.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by EWR764
Since the merger, in terms of airports that have lost all UA-branded lounges:

JFK, EZE, MEL, GRU, SJU, CDG. PTY became a full-on Copa Club. Can't think of any others.
I thought CDG still had some kind of a UA lounge perhaps you are correct it was not UA branded. Also I hope EZE has a lounge some kind of a lounge as well for Polaris paxs as I have a couple of trips through there coming up.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by nomad420
I thought CDG still had some kind of a UA lounge perhaps you are correct it was not UA branded. Also I hope EZE has a lounge some kind of a lounge as well for Polaris paxs as I have a couple of trips through there coming up.
CDG, EZE and GRU now have Star Alliance-branded lounges. IMO, each are improvement in experience for UA pax over the RCCs they replaced, though UA agents present in the predecessor lounges was beneficial during IRROPS.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
So with BBQ at RDU, Are ORD, LAX, and RDU the only UC locations [EDIT]in the CONUS[/EDIT] with hot solid food?

Last edited by eng3; Aug 9, 2019 at 4:27 pm
Old Aug 9, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
HKG, GUM and HNL have hot foods, too.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by eng3
So with BBQ at RDU, Are ORD, LAX, and RDU the only UC locations [EDIT]in the CONUS[/EDIT] with hot solid food?
LGA had it last week.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by st530
OP asked about CONUS.
I edited it after he posted
st530 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Visited today the second day in operation.

No signage yet in the terminal (the Admirals Club and Skyclub are marked on overhead signs) and there's still a piece of electrical tape on the signs outside the elevator covering "United Club". Inside the elevator the signage that existed when this was a US Club remains

Very nice entrance

Similar design to the newer clubs you'll find at hubs as well as redone outstations like SAN and ATL. Sterible with lots of beige and white.

The main seating area is pretty small but they managed to get in a full food service area plus Coke Freestyle machine

The bar is the nicest looking part of the lounge. They have a local beer (Foothills Hoppyum) on draft for $5 and they stole away the former AC bartender.

Overall it's nice though nothing spectacular.
narvik likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Any pictures of the BBQ?
Old Aug 11, 2019, 4:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Any pictures of the BBQ?

There wasn't any when I was there. Standard food plus cornbread and spinach artichoke dip
Old Aug 11, 2019, 5:52 pm
Suspended

I wouldn’t be too excited about the BBQ. It’ll probably be mass-produced industrial BBQ.
Perhaps they’ll get it from Brookwood Farms since they already have a restaurant at the airport.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 6:42 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CMK10
There wasn't any when I was there. Standard food plus cornbread and spinach artichoke dip
What time of day was this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.