FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   united.com changes - UA Fare Rules now available, after booking, in online itinerary (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1979112-united-com-changes-ua-fare-rules-now-available-after-booking-online-itinerary.html)

mrt88 Jul 18, 2019 11:08 pm

united.com changes - UA Fare Rules now available, after booking, in online itinerary

Wasn't sure if it had been reported on already but just saw two changes come up:
1. new e-ticket confirmation e-mail looks more modern, works better on mobile (I did like the old one though)
2. on the reservation confirmation on united.com there is now a button saying "Fare Rules" next to where it says e-mail receipt. i like this so I don't have to call up to ask questions when I don't remember the fare anymore

Kacee Jul 18, 2019 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by mrt88 (Post 31319428)
2. on the reservation confirmation on united.com there is now a button saying "Fare Rules" next to where it says e-mail receipt. i like this so I don't have to call up to ask questions when I don't remember the fare anymore

This is a really awesome change. Possibly the first real website "upgrade" in years.

jsloan Jul 18, 2019 11:24 pm

^^

Kudos to UA for this one. It's even -- sort of -- formatted.

narvik Jul 19, 2019 5:11 am

...on united.com there is now a button saying "Fare Rules" next to where it says e-mail receipt....

That is great, well, except for the fact that I don't know how to decipher it. :)

villox Jul 19, 2019 5:55 am

That is AWESOME. Works on mobile site too.

goodeats21 Jul 19, 2019 6:25 am

I would bet that this was led by legal / regulatory concerns over a true customer enhancement driver...
But agree, good change. I was always surprised by how hard it was to get fare rules.

StuckinITH Jul 19, 2019 7:30 am

Originally Posted by narvik (Post 31319992)
That is great, well, except for the fact that I don't know how to decipher it. :)

It will make it way easier to ask for assistance from more knowledgeable FTers!

tromer Jul 19, 2019 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 31319446)
This is a really awesome change. Possibly the first real website "upgrade" in years.

Agree that it will be, if they get it working reliably. The option appears intermittently for me, and while, when present, it does bring up the fare basis codes, the rules section is blank. But even that is an improvement, as I can then use ExpertFlyer, and be self-service, rather than calling.

econ Jul 20, 2019 3:31 pm

At the very least, it will be nice to no longer have to manually record the fare basis code for possible reference later on.

IIRC, the code used to be included in the purchase confirmation email up until a few years ago.

RooseveltL Aug 5, 2019 4:42 am

Dumb question - on a minor Schedule Change (which I haven't accepted) anyway to bring up the FareRules to review? Each time I click the reservation it repeatedly brings up the 'Accept New Schedule' or 'Don't Accept New Schedule' which just brings me the informational screen to contact or call Customer case

fumje Aug 5, 2019 5:07 am

Originally Posted by RooseveltL (Post 31380627)
Dumb question - on a minor Schedule Change (which I haven't accepted) anyway to bring up the FareRules to review? Each time I click the reservation it repeatedly brings up the 'Accept New Schedule' or 'Don't Accept New Schedule' which just brings me the informational screen to contact or call Customer case

Just screenshot or email yourself a copy of the schedule change notification and then accept it. Accepting the change doesn't actually mean anything 'legally' — you can always call later if you figure out a new schedule that you prefer.

MDTyKe Mar 15, 2022 8:46 pm

Does anyone know if this still works? I have a fare code that shows (KK146NCV), but can't see how to find out the rules anywhere... the page that apparently shows them is half blank.

WineCountryUA Mar 15, 2022 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by MDTyKe (Post 34079222)
Does anyone know if this still works? I have a fare code that shows (KK146NCV), but can't see how to find out the rules anywhere... the page that apparently shows them is half blank.

Worked recently for me but over the years I have occansional had the "blank" page. Very randomly.