Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Experience with PP & MUA upgrades on non-UA ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2022, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

If you have a non 016 ticket (e.g., issued by LH), how are upgrade requests using plus points or MUA treated on the UA legs of the flight? Would your priority be the same as a UA-issued ticket? The reason I ask is that sometimes the fare difference is significant between UA and other *A partner flights. I understand that the fare class of the cheaper *A partner ticket will be lower than the corresponding class on a UA issued ticket, but there are times when it's worth going with a lower fare basis ticket & taking a chance of still getting upgraded on the UA-portion of the flight.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
no difference. UA operated flight can be upgraded on LH ticket.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.