Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Downside to multi city booking for one way flight

Old Jul 18, 19, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

I was looking on United for a one way flight from SJD to YVR. itís going for $1300 with a stopover in SFO. if I booke a multi city from SJD to SFO and SFO to YVR on the same day itís only $260! Is there a downside to booking it this way to get the cheaper rate? Would I need to claim my checked bag or would it go straight through? Would I have to re-check In? Any downside to the multi city on same day with no long layover?
Old Jul 18, 19, 9:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
If it's all on one ticket, there's no downside. If it's on two tickets, you increase the change fees and your checkin will take longer for the agent to through-check your bag.
Old Jul 18, 19, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
If it's all on one ticket, there's no downside. If it's on two tickets, you increase the change fees and your checkin will take longer for the agent to through-check your bag.
thanks! I received one e-ticket number and the baggage fee listed shows $30 from Sjd to yvr
jsloan and fastair like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: