Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

SDC coupon still "processing" after travel completed

Old Jul 18, 2019, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold

I used SDC over the phone (successfully) to fly HNL-LAX-YVR yesterday. Flights all went smoothly. Today, my segment from LAX to YVR is still showing as "processing" under "My Trips" on United's web site. Miles have not yet posted for either leg of HNL-LAX-YVR.

Should I do anything to fix this? Or will the glitch just get taken care of somehow?
Old Jul 18, 2019, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by transportprof
Or will the glitch just get taken care of somehow?
This is the problem with UA's decision to start posting miles immediately; now, when they don't, we get antsy.

I had this happen to me a couple of weeks ago. Everything posted after about 24 hours. There's nothing you can do about it anyway; UA wouldn't look at it for a few days even if you asked.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by transportprof
I used SDC over the phone (successfully) to fly HNL-LAX-YVR yesterday. Flights all went smoothly. Today, my segment from LAX to YVR is still showing as "processing" under "My Trips" on United's web site. Miles have not yet posted for either leg of HNL-LAX-YVR.

Should I do anything to fix this? Or will the glitch just get taken care of somehow?
I didn't notice about the 'processing' display, but my last SDC (done by phone because of stupid app changes ) took about three days to post, and then it also posted the second segment several hours before it did the first.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick feedback. I wondered whether SDC would introduce some interesting variation in the rapid posting of miles, and now I know that it does.

Also fyi, I got two emails with new ticket #'s, right after doing the SDC, and now that I look at them carefully, I see two different e-ticket #s , i.e., different from one another, and also different from the original pre-SDC ticket #.

Something tells me that there was a back-end glitch in this SDC that is more than the usual bugs in SHARES. But we'll see what happens in a few days.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
processing takes a few days and it either comes back correct or messed up ... have seen it both ways. Check earnings when it credits ... it will change to 'something' in less than 2 weeks.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
processing takes a few days and it either comes back correct or messed up ... have seen it both ways. Check earnings when it credits ... it will change to 'something' in less than 2 weeks.
Processing appears to have completed, and my miles posted correctly. As jsloan noted above, now that miles post so quickly, it is more noticeable when there is this processing lag. I bet that it occurred with my previous SDC's, but got done during the "normal" lag in posting miles without my ever being aware that it was ongoing.
jsloan likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.