Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Airlines Reports Second-Quarter 2019 Performance & Earnings Call 17 July 2019

United Airlines Reports Second-Quarter 2019 Performance & Earnings Call 17 July 2019

Old Jul 17, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL Silver - 1MM, UA Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt
Chicago Business Journal... just released headline (my underlining for emphasis)...
more moves (changes) that "we'll like"???
"United Airlines signals more big moves in wake of record financials"

Last edited by AustinWeatherGuy; Jul 17, 2019 at 3:22 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jul 17, 2019, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
But on the whole, especially given the tendency to be hit harder in bad weather, the express carriers are not a disaster all the time.
And this concludes the daily "damning with faint praise" portion of our program.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by AustinWeatherGuy
Chicago Business Journal... just released headline (my underlining for emphasis)...
uh oh...there go the wooden drink stirrers
LAX_BillyJoe likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:18 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AustinWeatherGuy
Maybe the suits sizing up the LAX UC for more monetization are connected to the big moves?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by Kmxu
I guess that the seller of 737-700s has not been revealed during the earning call, right? Why so?
GOL and Southwest
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:30 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by worldtrav
GOL and Southwest
Why would WN sell 737s? Theyre short a couple of dozen thanks to the MAX grounding.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
  • For the second quarter United had the second-best completion factor and the second fewest cancellations among the major U.S. airlines.
I am so glad they are proud enough to announce they are mediocre between DL leading and AA lagging. Honestly, unless you are leading you shouldn't be bragging ... unless you are comfortable being second (to last). Sigh.
manstein58 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 7:22 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cfischer
I am so glad they are proud enough to announce they are mediocre between DL leading and AA lagging. Honestly, unless you are leading you shouldn't be bragging ... unless you are comfortable being second (to last). Sigh.
Third to last -- beleive the group is DL, AA, WN and UA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.