Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

No email notification of upgrades or schedule changes

Old Sep 3, 2023, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

No email notification of upgrades or schedule changes

Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
I always get e-mails with upgrades but rarely get them for schedule changes, hence I check my itineraries every day. It's very frustrating
But are you still getting the sched chg notification in red a the top of the reservation?
I'm not, which makes it much more difficult to monitor now.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:32 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I always get e-mails with upgrades but rarely get them for schedule changes, hence I check my itineraries every day. It's very frustrating
Schedule changes rarely happen outside of the weekend updates, so I find weekly is sufficient.

Originally Posted by chavala
But are you still getting the sched chg notification in red a the top of the reservation?
Just look for the yellow-orange triangle instead. It will take a little getting use to but eventually we will. But would have preferred no change, but that's not the way web designers operate.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Schedule changes rarely happen outside of the weekend updates, so I find weekly is sufficient.

Just look for the yellow-orange triangle instead. It will take a little getting use to but eventually we will. But would have preferred no change, but that's not the way web designers operate.
I don't remember seeing a little yellow-orange triangle either. (But I didn't even know to look for one). Is that new on the app or the website?
Old Sep 10, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Used to get emails for all CPUs, now only get them within 24 hours if cleared.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 2:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I don't remember seeing a little yellow-orange triangle either. (But I didn't even know to look for one). Is that new on the app or the website?
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31501531-post1044.html
chavala likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Yes, I do see the language in red at the top, but still would be nice to get an e-mail notification so I don't have to check all the time.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 6:54 am

Yes, I do see the language in red at the top, but still would be nice to get an e-mail notification so I don't have to check all the time.
Agree. Thats the point as well as this used to be normal practice.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Don't even get me started on this. I had a significant change on an international out of South America with not only time changes but was re-routed through different cities. No email, no nothing! Stumbled into the change when I happened to be looking at some of my up coming flights I had booked with UA on my app. And no there was no alert message on the app either. Seems UA canceled my route after I had booked it.
chavala and Jacketwatch like this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 3:44 pm
Suspended

Is United Playing Funny Buggers ...

Booked 3 tickets on UA2247 SMF to IAD for 12/29. Went to book another ticket but flight no longer exists!

Instead a 2 hour later flight is for sale with a different flight number!

So did they move my original flights and not told me or cancelled it without telling me? Or something else?

went to book another ticketUaUA24747

Last edited by usedtobeimportant; Oct 2, 2019 at 3:50 pm
Old Oct 2, 2019, 3:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Please confirm that you do not have a typo in your OP. I show UA 2247 on 12/29 as operating SFO-IAD.

What is the original flight number and time and what is the new (now available) flight number and time?
Old Oct 2, 2019, 3:53 pm
Suspended

Weird

I have an email confirmation showing 2247 is SMF IAD! Will call UA to confirm

Originally Posted by Often1
Please confirm that you do not have a typo in your OP. I show UA 2247 on 12/29 as operating SFO-IAD.

What is the original flight number and time and what is the new (now available) flight number and time?
Old Oct 2, 2019, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by usedtobeimportant
I have an email confirmation showing 2247 is SMF IAD! Will call UA to confirm
plug in your current reservation online and see what is says.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found

I see the same - and all SMF-SFO operated by UAX with 5xxx flight numbers.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 6:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I guess we wait for OP to pull up his e-ticket receipt and check it carefully.
onthesam likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 6:22 am
Suspended

Resolved ... kind of.

Originally Posted by COSPILOT
plug in your current reservation online and see what is says.
And it shows flying from SMF on a non-existant flight.

I guess we wait for OP to pull up his e-ticket receipt and check it carefully.
Called up United. Nobody can explain what's going on but they did agree the flight is not going from SMF.

They booked me on the 11:30pm flight from SMF and got a very nice compensation of an e-certificate for future flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.