FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Travel Waiver: New York / Newark Severe Weather (July 11, 2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1977695-travel-waiver-new-york-newark-severe-weather-july-11-2019-a.html)

DELee Jul 11, 19 10:00 am

Travel Waiver: New York / Newark Severe Weather (July 11, 2019)
 
Airports:

  • New York/Newark, NJ (EWR)​
  • New York-Kennedy, NY (JFK)​
  • New York-LaGuardia, NY (LGA)​
  • White Plains, NY (HPN)

Rebook by July 14, 2019. Original ticket must have been purchased by: July 10, 2019

Waiver (normal folks): https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/tra...eptionPolicies

Waiver Parameter Code (not yet posted): 1+

David


PsiFighter37 Jul 11, 19 10:44 am

Flying EWR-YYZ on UAX today. Should be loads of fun!!!

GFrye Jul 11, 19 11:27 am


Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 (Post 31293089)
Flying EWR-YYZ on UAX today. Should be loads of fun!!!

Only two UAX flights originally scheduled later today (after your post).
Both canceled.

PsiFighter37 Jul 11, 19 12:09 pm


Originally Posted by GFrye (Post 31293248)
Only two UAX flights originally scheduled later today (after your post).
Both canceled.

Yep, I got the great news just as I was going to pick up my luggage. Rebooked onto an AC Express flight that appears to have no economy seats left, so now I am waiting to speak to their reps about getting seats. Turning into a fantastic use of my time on a weekday...

transportprof Jul 11, 19 12:14 pm


Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 (Post 31293386)
Yep, I got the great news just as I was going to pick up my luggage. Rebooked onto an AC Express flight that appears to have no economy seats left, so now I am waiting to speak to their reps about getting seats. Turning into a fantastic use of my time on a weekday...

Don't forget that PD also serves EWR. Sometimes those Q-400s can fly in weather that would ground regional jets.

letsbeadventurers Jul 11, 19 12:34 pm

Flying out of ewr to Greece at 5:30. Looks like there’s a break in the weather at that point. Hoping we can still take off.

PsiFighter37 Jul 11, 19 12:51 pm


Originally Posted by transportprof (Post 31293403)
Don't forget that PD also serves EWR. Sometimes those Q-400s can fly in weather that would ground regional jets.

No interest in blowing extra cash. Managed to snag the last 2 tickets on the first UA-operated EWR-YYZ tomorrow after furiously refreshing and wasting almost 45 minutes on the phone with Air Canada (they were useless...reminds me of what having no status is like). The plane's been on the ground since yesterday evening, so shouldn't end up in a situation where the inbound plane gets stuck somewhere else.

Hammer0425 Jul 11, 19 12:53 pm


Originally Posted by transportprof (Post 31293403)
Don't forget that PD also serves EWR. Sometimes those Q-400s can fly in weather that would ground regional jets.

Curious what type of weather that would be?

BearX220 Jul 11, 19 1:23 pm


Originally Posted by Hammer0425 (Post 31293535)
Curious what type of weather that would be?

High-ceiling storm fronts (high-altitude thunderheads, etc.). The Qs fly lower.

transportprof Jul 11, 19 1:27 pm


Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 (Post 31293521)
No interest in blowing extra cash. Managed to snag the last 2 tickets on the first UA-operated EWR-YYZ tomorrow after furiously refreshing and wasting almost 45 minutes on the phone with Air Canada (they were useless...reminds me of what having no status is like). The plane's been on the ground since yesterday evening, so shouldn't end up in a situation where the inbound plane gets stuck somewhere else.

I was hoping that you would be able to talk United into blowing the cash by reissuing your ticket on PD. :)

Originally Posted by Hammer0425 (Post 31293535)


Curious what type of weather that would be?

Wet and slippery runways can pose less of a limitation for the Bombardier turboprops as they are designed for short take-off and landing. I have been at airports when the Bombardier turboprops go out and the commuter jets stay on the ground.

jsloan Jul 11, 19 1:31 pm


Originally Posted by transportprof (Post 31293645)
I was hoping that you would be able to talk United into blowing the cash by reissuing your ticket on PD. :)

UA does not have an interline agreement with PD. They would have had to pay cash.

The only e-ticket interline agreement I see for PD is, oddly enough, B6. They add EK, FI, LY, and S4 for interline paper tickets, assuming ExpertFlyer is up to date.

PsiFighter37 Jul 11, 19 1:51 pm


Originally Posted by GFrye (Post 31293248)
Only two UAX flights originally scheduled later today (after your post).
Both canceled.


Originally Posted by jsloan (Post 31293658)
UA does not have an interline agreement with PD. They would have had to pay cash.

The only e-ticket interline agreement I see for PD is, oddly enough, B6. They add EK, FI, LY, and S4 for interline paper tickets, assuming ExpertFlyer is up to date.

I tried talking UA into booking me directly into J on AC (which had seats available), but no dice sadly.

transportprof Jul 11, 19 2:12 pm


Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 (Post 31293741)




I tried talking UA into booking me directly into J on AC (which had seats available), but no dice sadly.

I wonder if one of those fancy credit cards with the travel delay insurance would have covered a ticket on AC or PD?

paperwastage Jul 11, 19 4:57 pm


Originally Posted by transportprof (Post 31293813)
I wonder if one of those fancy credit cards with the travel delay insurance would have covered a ticket on AC or PD?

Trip delay insurance covers costs of delays(meal, shower, room, transportation)

Getting a new ticket falls under trip interruption/cancellation.

Out of all the cc, I'm only aware of Citi prestige offering such trip interruption insurance to cover a new ticket (with huge limitations/fine print), and this benefit disappears in a few months

ty97 Jul 11, 19 7:25 pm

If I'm looking at this correctly, UA1022 PTY-EWR (schedule arrive 4:30pm) diverted to ORF. It took off again for EWR and then diverted back again to ORF. Still at ORF. Long day.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:16 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.