FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Change return flight after journey started? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1977666-change-return-flight-after-journey-started.html)

justsawaufo Jul 11, 2019 6:29 am

Change return flight after journey started?

Hi All,

I have an upcoming trip and I'm looking to book TLV-IAD direct in business class.
The prices of 1-way business class (D fare) is approx 4300 and the price of RT is 4700 (Z fare).

Since my family lives in Israel and I live in the DC area I travel often to TLV but I currently don't have a set date of when I'll be able to use the return ticket.
Is it possible to book this as multi-city or RT and then start the journey and change the return ticket date if needed? The fare code seems to be ZRCILW

VOLUNTARY CHANGESIN THE EVENT OF CHANGES TO TICKETED FLIGHTS BEFORE DEPARTURE OF JOURNEY - APPLIES WITHIN TKT VALIDITY CERTAIN DOMESTIC REISSUE PROVISIONS MAY BE OVERRIDDEN BY THOSE OF UA INTERNATIONAL FARES CHARGE USD 310.00 FOR REISSUE OR HIGHEST FEE OF ALL CHANGED FARE COMPONENTS -/CHILD DISCOUNTS APPLY - NO FEE FOR INFANTS W/O SEAT AND REPRICE USING CURRENT FARES - ONLY BOOKING CODE CHANGES PERMITTED PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET- 1. NO CHANGE TO FARE BREAKS 2. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL MUST BE DOMESTIC 3. CHANGE IS ON/BEFORE DAY OF ORIGINAL SCHEDULED FLIGHT 4. UA ANY FARE TYPE EXCEPT EOU/ERU ARE USED 5. PUBLIC FARES ARE USED IF TICKETED FARE IS IN PUBLIC TARIFF. PRIVATE FARES ARE USED IF TICKETED FARE IS IN PRIVATE TARIFF 6. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM REISSUE DATE TO DEPARTURE OF PRICING UNIT WHEN CHANGE RESULTS IN LOWER FARE SUBTRACT RESIDUAL FROM THE PENALTY THEN ADD-COLLECT/REFUND - REFUND VIA ORIGINAL FORM OF PAYMENT ENDORSEMENT BOX- NEW ENDORSEMENTS. OR - BEFORE DEPARTURE OF JOURNEY - APPLIES WITHIN TKT VALIDITY CERTAIN DOMESTIC REISSUE PROVISIONS MAY BE OVERRIDDEN BY THOSE OF UA INTERNATIONAL FARES CHARGE USD 310.00 FOR REISSUE OR HIGHEST FEE OF ALL CHANGED FARE COMPONENTS -/CHILD DISCOUNTS APPLY - NO FEE FOR INFANTS W/O SEAT AND REPRICE USING FARES IN EFFECT TODAY PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET- 1. AC/LH/LX/OS/SN/UA ANY FARE TYPE EXCEPT EOU/ERU ARE USED 2. PUBLIC FARES ARE USED IF TICKETED FARE IS IN PUBLIC TARIFF. PRIVATE FARES ARE USED IF TICKETED FARE IS IN PRIVATE TARIFF 3. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM REISSUE DATE TO DEPARTURE OF PRICING UNIT WHEN CHANGE RESULTS IN LOWER FARE SUBTRACT RESIDUAL FROM THE PENALTY THEN ADD-COLLECT/REFUND - REFUND VIA ORIGINAL FORM OF PAYMENT ENDORSEMENT BOX- HIGHER NON-REF AMT AND NEW ENDORSEMENTS. OR - BEFORE DEPARTURE OF JOURNEY - APPLIES WITHIN TKT VALIDITY CERTAIN DOMESTIC REISSUE PROVISIONS MAY BE OVERRIDDEN BY THOSE OF UA INTERNATIONAL FARES CHARGE USD 310.00 FOR REISSUE OR HIGHEST FEE OF ALL CHANGED FARE COMPONENTS -/CHILD DISCOUNTS APPLY - NO FEE FOR INFANTS W/O SEAT AND ONLY REPRICE USING CURRENTLY TKTD FARE IF RESULTS IN VALID SOLUTION PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET- 1. NO CHANGE TO 1ST FLIGHT COUPON/FARE BREAKS 2. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL MUST BE DOMESTIC 3. AC/LH/LX/OS/SN/UA FARES GOVERNED BY SAME RULE ARE USED 4. PUBLIC FARES ARE USED IF TICKETED FARE IS IN PUBLIC TARIFF. PRIVATE FARES ARE USED IF TICKETED FARE IS IN PRIVATE TARIFF 5. ALL RULE AND BOOKING CODE PROVISIONS ARE MET EXCEPT ADV RES-TKTG 6. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM ORIGINAL TKT DATE TO DEPARTURE OF PRICING UNIT WHEN CHANGE RESULTS IN LOWER FARE SUBTRACT RESIDUAL FROM THE PENALTY THEN ADD-COLLECT/REFUND - REFUND VIA ORIGINAL FORM OF PAYMENT ENDORSEMENT BOX- HIGHER NON-REF AMT AND NEW ENDORSEMENTS. OR - BEFORE DEPARTURE OF JOURNEY - APPLIES WITHIN TKT VALIDITY CERTAIN DOMESTIC REISSUE PROVISIONS MAY BE OVERRIDDEN BY THOSE OF UA INTERNATIONAL FARES CHARGE USD 310.00 FOR REISSUE OR HIGHEST FEE OF ALL CHANGED FARE COMPONENTS -/CHILD DISCOUNTS APPLY - NO FEE FOR INFANTS W/O SEAT AND REPRICE USING FARES IN EFFECT WHEN TKT WAS ISSUED PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET- 1. NO CHANGE TO 1ST FLIGHT COUPON 2. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL MUST BE DOMESTIC 3. AC/LH/LX/OS/SN/UA Z- FARE FAMILY AND ANY FARE TYPE EXCEPT EOU/ERU ARE USED 4. PUBLIC FARES ARE USED IF TICKETED FARE IS IN PUBLIC TARIFF. PRIVATE FARES ARE USED IF TICKETED FARE IS IN PRIVATE TARIFF 5. ALL RULE AND BOOKING CODE PROVISIONS ARE MET 6. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM ORIGINAL TKT DATE TO DEPARTURE OF PRICING UNIT OR - REPRICE USING FARES IN EFFECT WHEN TKT WAS ISSUED PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET- 1. NO CHANGE TO 1ST FLIGHT COUPON 2. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL MUST BE DOMESTIC 3. AC/LH/LX/OS/SN/UA ANY FARE TYPE EXCEPT EOU/ERU ARE USED 4. PUBLIC FARES ARE USED IF TICKETED FARE IS IN PUBLIC TARIFF. PRIVATE FARES ARE USED IF TICKETED FARE IS IN PRIVATE TARIFF 5. NEW TKT HAS EQUAL OR HIGHER VALUE THAN PREVIOUS TKT 6. ALL RULE AND BOOKING CODE PROVISIONS ARE MET 7. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM ORIGINAL TKT DATE TO DEPARTURE OF PRICING UNIT OR - REPRICE USING FARES IN EFFECT WHEN TKT WAS ISSUED PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET- 1. NO CHANGE TO 1ST FLIGHT COUPON 2. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL MUST BE DOMESTIC 3. ANY CARRIER NORMAL FARES WITH ANY FARE TYPE EXCEPT EOU/ERU ARE USED 4. PUBLIC FARES ARE USED IF TICKETED FARE IS IN PUBLIC TARIFF. PRIVATE FARES ARE USED IF TICKETED FARE IS IN PRIVATE TARIFF 5. NEW TKT HAS EQUAL OR HIGHER VALUE THAN PREVIOUS TKT 6. ALL RULE AND BOOKING CODE PROVISIONS ARE MET 7. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM ORIGINAL TKT DATE TO DEPARTURE OF PRICING UNIT WHEN CHANGE RESULTS IN LOWER FARE SUBTRACT RESIDUAL FROM THE PENALTY THEN ADD-COLLECT/REFUND - REFUND VIA ORIGINAL FORM OF PAYMENT ENDORSEMENT BOX- HIGHER NON-REF AMT AND NEW ENDORSEMENTS. OR - AFTER DEPARTURE OF JOURNEY - APPLIES WITHIN TKT VALIDITY CERTAIN DOMESTIC REISSUE PROVISIONS MAY BE OVERRIDDEN BY THOSE OF UA INTERNATIONAL FARES CHARGE USD 310.00 FOR REISSUE OR HIGHEST FEE OF ALL CHANGED FARE COMPONENTS -/CHILD DISCOUNTS APPLY - NO FEE FOR INFANTS W/O SEAT AND ONLY REPRICE USING CURRENTLY TKTD FARE IF RESULTS IN VALID SOLUTION PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET- 1. NO CHANGE TO FARE BREAKS 2. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL MUST BE DOMESTIC 3. FULLY FLOWN FARE NOT REPRICED TO FURTHER POINT 4. AC/LH/LX/OS/SN/UA FARES GOVERNED BY SAME RULE ARE USED 5. PUBLIC FARES ARE USED IF TICKETED FARE IS IN PUBLIC TARIFF. PRIVATE FARES ARE USED IF TICKETED FARE IS IN PRIVATE TARIFF 6. ALL RULE AND BOOKING CODE PROVISIONS ARE MET EXCEPT ADV RES-TKTG 7. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM ORIGINAL TKT DATE TO DEPARTURE OF PRICING UNIT WHEN CHANGE RESULTS IN LOWER FARE SUBTRACT RESIDUAL FROM THE PENALTY THEN ADD-COLLECT/REFUND - REFUND VIA ORIGINAL FORM OF PAYMENT ENDORSEMENT BOX- HIGHER NON-REF AMT AND NEW ENDORSEMENTS. OR - AFTER DEPARTURE OF JOURNEY - APPLIES WITHIN TKT VALIDITY CERTAIN DOMESTIC REISSUE PROVISIONS MAY BE OVERRIDDEN BY THOSE OF UA INTERNATIONAL FARES CHARGE USD 310.00 FOR REISSUE OR HIGHEST FEE OF ALL CHANGED FARE COMPONENTS -/CHILD DISCOUNTS APPLY - NO FEE FOR INFANTS W/O SEAT AND REPRICE USING FARES IN EFFECT WHEN TKT WAS ISSUED PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET- 1. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL MUST BE DOMESTIC 2. FULLY FLOWN FARE NOT REPRICED TO FURTHER POINT 3. AC/LH/LX/OS/SN/UA Z- FARE FAMILY AND ANY FARE TYPE EXCEPT EOU/ERU ARE USED 4. PUBLIC FARES ARE USED IF TICKETED FARE IS IN PUBLIC TARIFF. PRIVATE FARES ARE USED IF TICKETED FARE IS IN PRIVATE TARIFF 5. ALL RULE AND BOOKING CODE PROVISIONS ARE MET 6. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM ORIGINAL TKT DATE TO DEPARTURE OF PRICING UNIT OR - REPRICE USING FARES IN EFFECT WHEN TKT WAS ISSUED PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET- 1. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL MUST BE DOMESTIC 2. FULLY FLOWN FARE NOT REPRICED TO FURTHER POINT 3. AC/LH/LX/OS/SN/UA ANY FARE TYPE EXCEPT EOU/ERU ARE USED 4. PUBLIC FARES ARE USED IF TICKETED FARE IS IN PUBLIC TARIFF. PRIVATE FARES ARE USED IF TICKETED FARE IS IN PRIVATE TARIFF 5. NEW TKT HAS EQUAL OR HIGHER VALUE THAN PREVIOUS TKT 6. ALL RULE AND BOOKING CODE PROVISIONS ARE MET 7. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM ORIGINAL TKT DATE TO DEPARTURE OF PRICING UNIT OR - REPRICE USING FARES IN EFFECT WHEN TKT WAS ISSUED PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET- 1. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL MUST BE DOMESTIC 2. FULLY FLOWN FARE NOT REPRICED TO FURTHER POINT 3. ANY CARRIER NORMAL FARES WITH ANY FARE TYPE EXCEPT EOU/ERU ARE USED 4. PUBLIC FARES ARE USED IF TICKETED FARE IS IN PUBLIC TARIFF. PRIVATE FARES ARE USED IF TICKETED FARE IS IN PRIVATE TARIFF 5. NEW TKT HAS EQUAL OR HIGHER VALUE THAN PREVIOUS TKT 6. ALL RULE AND BOOKING CODE PROVISIONS ARE MET 7. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM ORIGINAL TKT DATE TO DEPARTURE OF PRICING UNIT WHEN CHANGE RESULTS IN LOWER FARE SUBTRACT RESIDUAL FROM THE PENALTY THEN ADD-COLLECT/REFUND - REFUND VIA ORIGINAL FORM OF PAYMENT ENDORSEMENT BOX- HIGHER NON-REF AMT AND NEW ENDORSEMENTS.

findark Jul 11, 2019 7:37 am

The short answer is yes, and there will be a USD 310.00 change fee. You could also choose an unrestricted Z fare for about $500 more r/t.

After flying the outbound, you may change the return to any valid return (definitely IAD-TLV, and probably any US to Israel) that meet the conditions of your original fare and has Z space at the time of reissue by paying the change fee. If the flight requires higher inventory, you can pay the half-round-trip fare difference and change fee using the J/C/D fare that was in effect when you originally bought the ticket. Relevant tags:

Code:

OR -
  AFTER DEPARTURE OF JOURNEY AND WITHIN TICKET VALIDITY
  CERTAIN DOMESTIC REISSUE PROVISIONS MAY BE OVERRIDDEN
  BY THOSE OF UA INTERNATIONAL FARES
  CHARGE USD 310.00 FOR REISSUE OR HIGHEST FEE OF ALL
  CHANGED FARE COMPONENTS - CHILD DISCOUNTS APPLY - NO
  FEE FOR INFANTS W/O SEAT AND
    ONLY REPRICE USING CURRENTLY TKTD FARE IF RESULTS
    IN VALID SOLUTION
    PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET-
    1. NO CHANGE TO FARE BREAKS
    2. SAME FARE ON 1ST FARE COMPONENT IS USED
    3. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL
    MUST BE DOMESTIC
    4. FULLY FLOWN FARE NOT REPRICED TO FURTHER POINT
    5. AC/LH/LX/OS/SN/UA FARES GOVERNED BY SAME RULE
    ARE USED
    6. PUBLIC FARES ARE USED IF TICKETED FARE IS IN
    PUBLIC TARIFF. PRIVATE FARES ARE USED IF TICKETED
    FARE IS IN PRIVATE TARIFF
    7. ALL RULE AND BOOKING CODE PROVISIONS ARE MET
    EXCEPT ADV RES-TKTG
    8. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM ORIGINAL TKT DATE TO
    DEPARTURE OF PRICING UNIT
  WHEN CHANGE RESULTS IN LOWER FARE SUBTRACT RESIDUAL
  FROM THE PENALTY THEN ADD-COLLECT/REFUND
  ENDORSEMENT BOX - HIGHER NON-REF AMT AND NEW
  ENDORSEMENTS.
  OR -
  AFTER DEPARTURE OF JOURNEY AND WITHIN TICKET VALIDITY
  CERTAIN DOMESTIC REISSUE PROVISIONS MAY BE OVERRIDDEN
  BY THOSE OF UA INTERNATIONAL FARES
  CHARGE USD 310.00 FOR REISSUE OR HIGHEST FEE OF ALL
  CHANGED FARE COMPONENTS - CHILD DISCOUNTS APPLY - NO
  FEE FOR INFANTS W/O SEAT AND
    REPRICE USING FARES IN EFFECT WHEN TKT WAS ISSUED
    1. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL
    MUST BE DOMESTIC
    2. FULLY FLOWN FARE NOT REPRICED TO FURTHER POINT
    3. AC/LH/LX/OS/SN/UA Z- FARE FAMILY IS USED
    4. UA ANY FARE TYPE EXCEPT EOU/ERU ARE USED
    5. PUBLIC FARES ARE USED IF TICKETED FARE IS IN
    6. ALL RULE AND BOOKING CODE PROVISIONS ARE MET
    7. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM ORIGINAL TKT DATE TO
    OR -
    MUST BE DOMESTIC
    3. AC/LH/LX/OS/SN/UA FARES ARE USED
    4. UA ANY FARE TYPE EXCEPT EOU/ERU ARE USED
    6. NEW TKT HAS EQUAL OR HIGHER VALUE THAN PREVIOUS
    TKT
    OR -
    MUST BE DOMESTIC
    3. ANY CARRIER FARES ARE USED
    4. ANY FARE TYPE EXCEPT EOU/ERU ARE USED
    6. NEW TKT HAS EQUAL OR HIGHER VALUE THAN PREVIOUS
    TKT
  WHEN CHANGE RESULTS IN LOWER FARE SUBTRACT RESIDUAL
  FROM THE PENALTY THEN ADD-COLLECT/REFUND
  ENDORSEMENT BOX - HIGHER NON-REF AMT AND NEW
  ENDORSEMENTS.

aacharya Jul 11, 2019 9:22 am

This could/would be a prime use of miles, assuming you can get J inventory at the saver rate.

justsawaufo Jul 11, 2019 10:01 am

Originally Posted by findark (Post 31292407)
The short answer is yes, and there will be a USD 310.00 change fee. You could also choose an unrestricted Z fare for about $500 more r/t.

After flying the outbound, you may change the return to any valid return (definitely IAD-TLV, and probably any US to Israel) that meet the conditions of your original fare and has Z space at the time of reissue by paying the change fee. If the flight requires higher inventory, you can pay the half-round-trip fare difference and change fee using the J/C/D fare that was in effect when you originally bought the ticket. Relevant tags:

How can I price this unrestricted Z fare? UA search engine can't even find the non-stop flights for TLV-IAD in Sep 1st.. very strange.
I'm also flexible on the return date (as long as it's unrestricted Z fare).

Thanks again, your help is appreciated!

justsawaufo Jul 11, 2019 10:33 am

Booked myself into:
TLV-IAD (lowest Z)
IAD-TLV (unrestricted Z)
for a total of 5000 instead of 4750.
Do you know if the unrestricted Z fare allow unlimited changes? or just one for free?

findark Jul 11, 2019 10:34 am

Originally Posted by justsawaufo (Post 31292910)
How can I price this unrestricted Z fare? UA search engine can't even find the non-stop flights for TLV-IAD in Sep 1st.. very strange.
I'm also flexible on the return date (as long as it's unrestricted Z fare).

Thanks again, your help is appreciated!

I am able to price it using an advanced search for "Unrestricted Fares" on ua.com. Note that "Flexible" will not work because that includes refundable-minus-penalty fares, which ZRCILW is. Fare basis for unrestricted is ZFFILW.

UA73 TLV-IAD is not a daily flight; seems to be operating 3x weekly on TFU (Tue/Fri/Sun), at least for the summer and fall.

justsawaufo Jul 11, 2019 10:39 am

Originally Posted by findark (Post 31293033)
I am able to price it using an advanced search for "Unrestricted Fares" on ua.com. Note that "Flexible" will not work because that includes refundable-minus-penalty fares, which ZRCILW is. Fare basis for unrestricted is ZFFILW.

UA73 TLV-IAD is not a daily flight; seems to be operating 3x weekly on TFU (Tue/Fri/Sun), at least for the summer and fall.

Thanks I was able to find it. It was showing up as Saturday+1 flight instead of Sunday.
I only booked the return ticket as unrestricted as it's worth the extra $245 in fare over $310 change fee.
Will I be able to change it more than once? Is it valid for anytime in 2020 or up to 1 year from my outbound flight?

findark Jul 11, 2019 10:44 am

Originally Posted by justsawaufo (Post 31293029)
Booked myself into:
TLV-IAD (lowest Z)
IAD-TLV (unrestricted Z)
for a total of 5000 instead of 4750.
Do you know if the unrestricted Z fare allow unlimited changes? or just one for free?

This is getting a little beyond my expertise but, yes an unrestricted ticket allows unlimited free changes (and a free refund). However, this must be within the ticket validity (one year from purchase) -- I'm not sure if this is reset after the first change or not since the ticket is reissued.

Be careful; usually the most restrictive changes on the entire ticket govern it so combining restricted and unrestricted fares usually doesn't work. However, I am not 100% sure how this plays out if you change, not cancel, and only change fare components with no change fee (not sure if the reissue fee is overridden or not).

Finally, your prices are a little suspect. I see $4,400 in Z (lowest) and $4,900 in Z (unrestricted) for those sectors; you can drop it to $3,900 for an unrestricted Z fare if you route via BOS in one direction (uses ZFFILW on TLV-BOS with a free stopover anywhere along the routing in the USA).

justsawaufo Jul 11, 2019 11:05 am

Originally Posted by findark (Post 31293085)
This is getting a little beyond my expertise but, yes an unrestricted ticket allows unlimited free changes (and a free refund). However, this must be within the ticket validity (one year from purchase) -- I'm not sure if this is reset after the first change or not since the ticket is reissued.

Be careful; usually the most restrictive changes on the entire ticket govern it so combining restricted and unrestricted fares usually doesn't work. However, I am not 100% sure how this plays out if you change, not cancel, and only change fare components with no change fee (not sure if the reissue fee is overridden or not).

Finally, your prices are a little suspect. I see $4,400 in Z (lowest) and $4,900 in Z (unrestricted) for those sectors; you can drop it to $3,900 for an unrestricted Z fare if you route via BOS in one direction (uses ZFFILW on TLV-BOS with a free stopover anywhere along the routing in the USA).

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.
PM'd you to get the actual dates that you searched for.

physioprof Jul 11, 2019 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by justsawaufo (Post 31293055)
Thanks I was able to find it. It was showing up as Saturday+1 flight instead of Sunday.
I only booked the return ticket as unrestricted as it's worth the extra $245 in fare over $310 change fee.
Will I be able to change it more than once? Is it valid for anytime in 2020 or up to 1 year from my outbound flight?

I'm pretty sure this isn't going to work, since the most restrictive fare is going to apply to the entire ticket, right?

Kacee Jul 11, 2019 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by physioprof (Post 31294027)
I'm pretty sure this isn't going to work, since the most restrictive fare is going to apply to the entire ticket, right?

Yes, exactly. The ticket will be subject to the most restrictive fare, i.e., both segments will be subject to a change fee.

justsawaufo Jul 12, 2019 7:23 am

Originally Posted by physioprof (Post 31294027)

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 31294048)
Yes, exactly. The ticket will be subject to the most restrictive fare, i.e., both segments will be subject to a change fee.

You guys are correct. I called in UA last night and they confirmed the ticket will be subject to the most restrictive fare.
I cancelled my booking and simply booked a restricted Z fare for $4.7K instead of unrestricted fare which would've cost at minimum $5.3K for unrestricted Z fare RT.
Since I will only need to modify the return ($310 fee) I will still save $300.