Search

Mobile boarding pass at KEF (Reykjavik)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2019, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Mobile boarding pass at KEF (Reykjavik)

Hi all,

We are self-connecting at KEF (Reykjavik, Iceland) in a couple of weeks, arriving on the BA from LHR at 9:50 and aiming to depart again at 11:55 on the UA to EWR.

Ideally we'd like to download UA boarding passes onto our phones before leaving home, to save going landside, checking in, doing security again etc. Granted, with KEF being a small efficient airport it's not so big of a deal, but even so...

The KEF website seems to suggest that UA does not support mobile BPs there, but does anyone have any direct experience either way ?

Thanks !
Old Jul 7, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Can't answer your question, but even if the answer is no, it seems irrelevant. Also, not sure why you need mobile (which some airports don't offer) when you may very well be able to do printed boarding passes in any case. But, if you have bags, will need to do all of the above anyway. And, if you don't, just follow signs for international transfers and can check in in the transfer area (if staffed) or, if not, at the gate. So not sure why it matters.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
“small and efficient”?? In our experience KEF is an overcrowded circle of hell.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 10:09 pm

If you don't have bags, you can use the United kiosks at LHR T2 to check in and print out your United boarding passes, although that would be in a different terminal to BA departures. Sometimes when I have connecting United flights on separate reservations I do that. The machine asks me to confirm my intentions, since the second flight does not depart from where me and the machine are, and I just say yes.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:19 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by milepig
“small and efficient”?? In our experience KEF is an overcrowded circle of hell.
Agreed. Still a bit annoyed that with a midnight LH departure, there was no way for us to print BPs or drop bags until ~10:00pm (and then LH ignored the *G priority line for the first 30 minutes of check-in). Granted, that is not UA's fault, but everything about that airport shows that it's been severely strained with the tourism demands upon it. I'm kind of curious how things are doing with WOW having gone under; a lot of the ground staff seemed to be WOW employees when we were there late last year.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Plat
I used my United mobile boarding pass last week at KEF, no problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.