Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
MCT for EWR (2012)

https://www.newarkairport.com/at-airport/connecting-flights

United Airlines operates a shuttle bus between Terminals A and C from 5:00am to 10:00pm. In addition, United also operates a shuttle bus connecting Terminal B to Terminals A and C from 10:00am to 10:00pm. The shuttle bus is available at gate A28, B67, and C70 as illustrated in the image above. This service is free and you will not have to go through TSA security again. Please note this shuttle is operated at the sole responsibility of United Airlines and is subject to modification at their discretion.

Archive: Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Old Oct 26, 2015, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold, SPG Gold
Newark Security Checkpoints

What's up with the TSA security checkpoints at Newark? Flew into Newark Friday morning and saw that C-2 was only allowing wheelchairs. Departed on Sunday night to the same. C-3 was packed with lines snaking down the escalator to the departures middle level. The outsourced security guard couldn't even tell where the regular line ended because he spent most of the time trying to keep the pre-check lane in order. It took 20 minutes to get through pre-check. Lots of people were running for their flight after security.

Does anyone know the cause? The gate agent said United had sent out an internal email and that TSA was at fault.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 10:16 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
65 minutes connect possib;e

Don't know EWR well. Arriving from europe with no bags checks. Am 1k with TSA pre and global entry. Due to delay will have about 65 minutes UA to UA domestic. Reading horror stories here...can I make it? Any tips? Departure set for C73 after arriving on Intl....

Last edited by 1k-all-the-way; Oct 27, 2015 at 10:26 pm
Old Oct 27, 2015, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
Don't know EWR well. Arriving from europe with no bags checks. Am 1k with TSA pre and global entry. Due to delay will have about 65 minutes UA to UA domestic. Reading horror stories here...can I make it? Any tips? Departure set for C73 after arriving on Intl....
If you have global entry I'd say no problem - if not that could be tight and ewr can get really backed up sometimes - but it's still better than IAD!
Old Oct 28, 2015, 12:53 am

Programs: HHonors / UA M+ / TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
If you have global entry I'd say no problem - if not that could be tight and ewr can get really backed up sometimes - but it's still better than IAD!
Flying into EWR from international is what made be get GE in the first place.
With GE, on my last pass through it, I managed to get though baggage, immigration, customs, and into my ride in a little under 30mins.

It was a 7:30pm arrival on a Thursday, FWIW.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 8:48 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
To report out. we landed late from CDG in B terminal, I made it through Global entry in no time, had a little trouble finding airtrain (escaltors not working mostly too), got to C terminal pretty quickly...had to go up and down stairs to get to TSA pre, which was crowded, got to my C gate in about 45 minutes....

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 28, 2015 at 8:57 pm Reason: cleanup after move
Old Nov 5, 2015, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP lite, Hertz 5*G, Nat'l Exec
No United Kiosks in EWR Terminal C?

Dear all, this may be the wrong place but I couldn't find this dealt with elsewhere.
In almost all UA mid-large stations there are kiosks for rebooking etc..
With the exception of EWR C. There are a bunch of (often unmanned) customer service desks and even a couple of signs advertising kiosks, but in several recent trips I couldn't find even one kiosk post security.
Everyone I asked from the club to the gate pled ignorance.
I know that the terminal is under renovation, but from what I can remember, I haven't seen kiosk in place for over a year, only holes in the wall.
I would assume this is a proactive decision by UA, but I was wondering in anyone on FT had more info.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 5, 2015 at 9:26 pm Reason: corrected OP error on terminal label
Old Nov 28, 2015, 5:53 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Hello, hope somebody can give some advice on a connection from PVG to MCO. We have 2 hours and 20 mins at EWR. Had prepared more than 3 hours when I booked the ticket but the MCO flight got canceled and we were moved to an earlier flight which leaves us 2 hours and 20 mins on the ground. PVG flight will arrive at 6pm on Dec 24. Friends are on Chinese passports and will need to queue the visa lane. Will it give them enough that to clear immigration, customs, drop bags, and take the Airtrain to Terminal C? There is really no room for error as the MCO flight is the last on that night. Worst case if we missed the flight would UA arrange accommodation? I had some horrible experiences at IAH recently so am a little concerned about airports I am less familiar with. Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 8:10 pm

8 hours transit in Newark on december 23rd - suggestions

Hello,

On december 23rd I will be flying with my fiancee:
- Montreal YUL -> Newark EWR [Terminal A] (arriving at 10.30am)
- Newark EWR [Terminal C] -> Paris CDG (departing at 6.30pm)

What is the best way to kill these 8 hours?

I plan to work at the airport (I don't really want to bother going in Manhattan), but at this time of year, it might be crazy in the terminals.

- option A : I buy 2 passes (for 50$ total on ebay) to access the United Club on terminal C or A. I don't know which would be the better one. Will they be packed all day long considering it's Christmas time?
- option B : I stay all day long seated in a restaurant in terminal C. Will they kick me out? Can I connect to the internet in the restaurants? Will I be able to find a power plug? Which restaurant to pick?
- option C : a smarter suggestion from experienced travellers?

Many thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2015, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Trade for passes on CC. Or find a friend to let you in. But I'd say check out A before going over to C via shuttle.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by aacharya
Trade for passes on CC. Or find a friend to let you in. But I'd say check out A before going over to C via shuttle.
UC at Terminal A is less crowded than either C lounge.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 8:41 pm

Last two times I was at EWR the public internet wasn't functional-hopefully you'll get sometime to work. Alternatively I'd suggest not transiting EWR if at all possible

Originally Posted by aacharya
OP doesn't have access to CC.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Plat
Some might say it's not worth the money, but if you're willing to spend $50 on club passes, maybe spend a little more and take the $99 day rate at the Marriott on the airport grounds.

Includes wifi and gym access. But of course you would need to leave time to reclear security.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 10:14 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by twoaisleplane
Some might say it's not worth the money, but if you're willing to spend $50 on club passes, maybe spend a little more and take the $99 day rate at the Marriott on the airport grounds.

Includes wifi and gym access. But of course you would need to leave time to reclear security.
The Marriott idea is good, but I wouldn't do it unless you can cancel without penalty. Dec 23rd from YUL to EWR isn't a flight I would feel comfortable about being on time. Those 8 hours could turn to 5 or 6 and with security it's not really worth it. While the United Club in Terminal A is less crowded it is much smaller. Also, you can only go to one Club on a pass so you should probably go to the one closest to your gate in Termincal C so you can check to make sure that when you leave the club that your flight will be on time as you won't be able to return to the club. That said, I would still ask nicely to the lounge dragons when you leave if you could return if for some reason your flight gets a last minute delay.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 5:36 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium
8 hours transit in Newark on december 23rd - suggestions

If you are interested in shopping, there is/was a shuttle bus from one of the parking lots (accessible via the AirTrain) to Jersey Gardens outlet mall that I have used a few times on long layovers.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by Kmxu
UC at Terminal A is less crowded than either C lounge.
IMO, nicer atmosphere, too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.