Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
MCT for EWR (2012)

https://www.newarkairport.com/at-airport/connecting-flights

United Airlines operates a shuttle bus between Terminals A and C from 5:00am to 10:00pm. In addition, United also operates a shuttle bus connecting Terminal B to Terminals A and C from 10:00am to 10:00pm. The shuttle bus is available at gate A28, B67, and C70 as illustrated in the image above. This service is free and you will not have to go through TSA security again. Please note this shuttle is operated at the sole responsibility of United Airlines and is subject to modification at their discretion.

Archive: Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Old Jul 17, 2015, 7:42 am

Red face

Thanks...I would go another day early but I think United will really charge a big change fee. We are leaving a day earlier than we have to so I guess if we get
into HLN later we will still be OK. There is a later flight to HLN from EWR thru SFO which leaves EWR at noon, it gets into HLN 4 hours later than the earlier plane. (back up plan)
Yes I would avoid EWR if I could but all the other flight out of MCO really suck.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by zowieboy
Flying to HNL from MCO THRU EWR(Newark) on UNITED. Lv MCO @ 6AM arrive in ERW @ 8:44AM we need to connect to another UNITED flight @ 9:15AM- 30 Minutes to HNL.
United said don't worry the gates are close together.
I worry....
What do you think?
What is your date of departure?

I would not take the risk of making 30 minute connection.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by BOSOGG
I would not take the risk of making 30 minute connection.
I have made a 30 min connection recently at EWR to UA15 to HNL (not HLN) but that was not by choice. The in-bound flight was late. Plus, the inbound parked at Terminal A, so it was a rather stressful bus ride to Terminal C. I wouldn't think of doing it again, voluntarily or not. Wouldn't risk it.

:::mod hat on:::

Since this is a question related to a connection flying UA and through EWR, I'm going to move this thread to the United forum for housekeeping.

Thanks,

slippahs
Hawaii forum co-moderator
Old Jul 17, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
I checked the arrival (MCO-EWR) and departure (EWR-HNL) performance over the last two days. You should have enough time to make the connection because MCO-EWR arrives a few minutes earlier and both flights are in Terminal C (10 min walk max if you are slow). But I would not guarantee that the luggage would make the connection. EWR-HNL nonstop is a good plane. It is worth taking the risk. Good luck.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 2:55 pm

Thank Kmxu, the plane is the main reason that i'm doing this flight. Most United planes are terrible. The EWR to HNL is a 767-400ER which is a good plane. It has audio video and wifi, some of the other flights have nothing.
We are getting there 1 day earlie than we need to, so if we have to wait for our luggage we'er OK + we have Insurance.

April 12 2016

Last edited by goalie; Jul 17, 2015 at 6:17 pm Reason: merge
Old Jul 18, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I'm flying BOS-EWR-LAX in November with a 40 min connection in EWR. I might be OK since I'm in F in row 2 BOS-EWR, but is 40 mins pushing it? EWR-LAX is p.s. and I'll be in BF on that flight as well.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 11:13 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by diburning
I'm flying BOS-EWR-LAX in November with a 40 min connection in EWR. I might be OK since I'm in F in row 2 BOS-EWR, but is 40 mins pushing it? EWR-LAX is p.s. and I'll be in BF on that flight as well.
With the frequency they will be running on EWR-LAX, I'd risk it. As long as you aren't connecting onto the last flight of the night there will be ample flights to rebook you on if anything goes wrong.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:03 pm

Is the shuttle bus or Airtrain a better option for going from Terminal A to C? Am I correct that the Airtrain requires you to go through security again but the shuttle bus does not? However, I get the impression there may be a long line for the shuttle bus?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:06 pm

I don't have experience with the shuttle bus but the lines can also be long at security.
If you are Premier or, even better, PreCheck, security shouldn't be too bad. Take a glance at the bus queue and decide if you want to wait for the bus or take your chances with TSA.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by zitsky
Is the shuttle bus or Airtrain a better option for going from Terminal A to C? Am I correct that the Airtrain requires you to go through security again but the shuttle bus does not? However, I get the impression there may be a long line for the shuttle bus?
The bus will almost certainly get yu between terminals faster. It operates within the secure area. If you use the Airtrain you have to reclear security.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 12:36 pm

Quick question, my partner and I are looking at a trip to HNL in the relatively near future and given the pries exYYZ, we want to go UA (especially since we want to avoid Rouge). UA15 in J looks like a decent experience and price is actually quite amazing. Only downside is that it's a tight connection at EWR, 53 minutes to be exact. Neither of us have ever connected at EWR and looking at the flights we'd be landing at A and departing from C.

With checked baggage, is this a barely doable cnx or is it more of a 'you're bloody insane to attempt' cnx?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by iMedic
Quick question, my partner and I are looking at a trip to HNL in the relatively near future and given the pries exYYZ, we want to go UA (especially since we want to avoid Rouge). UA15 in J looks like a decent experience and price is actually quite amazing. Only downside is that it's a tight connection at EWR, 53 minutes to be exact. Neither of us have ever connected at EWR and looking at the flights we'd be landing at A and departing from C.

With checked baggage, is this a barely doable cnx or is it more of a 'you're bloody insane to attempt' cnx?
It's the latter. I'd book the previous connection to allow 2 hours or more between flights. Since there's only one 767-400 to HNL per day, your costs for missing that connection would be high.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 6:41 pm

Bus Service between Terminals A and C

Skip security when connecting between Terminals A and C at Newark Liberty International Airport.

Customers connecting to flights between Terminals A and C can now take advantage of convenient bus service* between the terminals. This new service will not only save you time but will eliminate the need to go back through security.

Passengers arriving into Terminal A may board the bus at Gate 28 and connect to domestic or international flights in Terminal C.

Domestic passengers arriving into Terminal C may board the bus near Gate 71 and connect to flights in Terminal A.
Anyone know if this information about bus location is still correct:

• Terminal A - Gate 28
  • Terminal C - Gate 71
Old Jul 21, 2015, 6:50 pm

Does anyone know where I can find reviews of restaurants in Terminal C? I assume I could try Yelp but I'm wondering if there's anything here. I did a search but didn't find anything.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 10:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by zitsky
Does anyone know where I can find reviews of restaurants in Terminal C? I assume I could try Yelp but I'm wondering if there's anything here. I did a search but didn't find anything.
In a dis-organized manner, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...d-details.html sort covers that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.