Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
MCT for EWR (2012)

https://www.newarkairport.com/at-airport/connecting-flights

United Airlines operates a shuttle bus between Terminals A and C from 5:00am to 10:00pm. In addition, United also operates a shuttle bus connecting Terminal B to Terminals A and C from 10:00am to 10:00pm. The shuttle bus is available at gate A28, B67, and C70 as illustrated in the image above. This service is free and you will not have to go through TSA security again. Please note this shuttle is operated at the sole responsibility of United Airlines and is subject to modification at their discretion.

Archive: Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by zrs70
Global Entry whisked me through formalities . . . TSA pre-check whisked me through security.
Two of the greatest travel innovations of the last decade.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 8:01 am

Programs: United Gold
Originally Posted by sfonorth
Can one purposely skip baggage retrieval to catch a tight connection? I assume the bags eventually arrive at the destination airport.
I don't think this is allowed since the bags must go through customs.

Originally Posted by EWR764
+1

The cool thing is I never knew that getting GE would somehow get me TSA pre-check. I don't mind though it's awesome.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 8:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
Not to take anything away from you...I made it plane to plane from B to C, Global Entry and without pre-Check in 20 minutes last week. I was rebooked on a later flight, but had no desire to sit in EWR.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS
I had a flight a couple of years ago in which the bags didn't arrive with the international flight at IAD. We were connecting to SFO. The bags arrived the next day and customs had inspected the contents inside. But I wonder if this is the exception.

Originally Posted by love_to_travel
I don't think this is allowed since the bags must go through customs.

Did you have checked baggage? Can one purposely skip baggage retrieval to catch a tight connection? I assume the bags eventually arrive at the destination airport..
Old Apr 30, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: AADULtArer
it is prudent to allow at least 2 hours for an international MCT at EWR IMHO. Even more if flight history shows late arrivals more than 10% of time.

Any weather in NY will reduce EWR to single runway operation, which will massively snafu OPPS of course.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Did you have checked baggage? Can one purposely skip baggage retrieval to catch a tight connection? I assume the bags eventually arrive at the destination airport.
No checked bags. That likely saved me!
Old Apr 30, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Originally Posted by EWR764
+1 x100: this has saved my behind four times over the past 6 months!
Old Apr 30, 2013, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I had a flight a couple of years ago in which the bags didn't arrive with the international flight at IAD. We were connecting to SFO. The bags arrived the next day and customs had inspected the contents inside. But I wonder if this is the exception.
As I understand it, you cannot ignore your bags if they arrive with you - you must personally take them through Customs. However, if they don't arrive with you, because the airline left them behind, it's clearly not your fault and there's a mechanism for remote inspection and then delivery by the airline.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by zrs70
TSA pre-check whisked me through security.
How did you get Pre-Check with an international flight? Were you booked on two tickets?

IME, I don't get Pre-Check if any of my itinerary includes an international flight.

If I'm on a 100% domestic itinerary, I'm 100% for Pre-Check.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by warreng24
How did you get Pre-Check with an international flight? Were you booked on two tickets?

IME, I don't get Pre-Check if any of my itinerary includes an international flight.

If I'm on a 100% domestic itinerary, I'm 100% for Pre-Check.
I have heard some people claim that if you have "no more international segments" on your itinerary you get PreCheck. I haven't had a chance to test it yet.
Old May 22, 2013, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
EWR Terminal A shuttle to Terminal B

Is there an airside shuttle from Terminal A to B at EWR? Is it airside? What is it's location, is there airside access to SAS flights? Thanks.
Old May 22, 2013, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by swdke
Is there an airside shuttle from Terminal A to B at EWR? Is it airside? What is it's location, is there airside access to SAS flights? Thanks.
No airside A>B http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...l-airport.html and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...wr-thread.html and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...what-mess.html

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; May 22, 2013 at 2:33 pm Reason: added third thread link
Old May 22, 2013, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Thanks for the reply, my confusion is from the Newark map on the UAL Website indicating a possible shuttle at B3. Perhaps this info is wrong.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont.../maps/ewr.aspx
Old May 22, 2013, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by swdke
Yes, there is. United's A to C shuttle stops at B on request. Just inform the driver. The option to stop at B is clearly posted in signs and occasionally (such as my ride yesterday) the driver even makes an announcement inquiry if anyone wishes to stop.
Old May 24, 2013, 7:17 am

Programs: M&M: FTL; A3: *G; Hertz: #1 Club Gold President's Circle
UA SXM-EWR-DCA: question about transit in EWR

Hi all,

End of July, I will be on the flight SXM-DCA with transit at EWR.

The SXM-EWR segment is in Z and EWR-DCA in M (there is no F).

If I have good informations the arrival terminal to EWR is the Terminal B and the departure to DCA in Terminal A.

I suppose that in terminal B I will spend immigration, pick up my luggage and go through customs (as CLT).

Question:
Is it possible to re-check in directly my luggages in transit (as is the case in CLT)?
On the way to the terminal A and boarding EWR-DCA, is it necessary to proceed to a new security control? If so, in my case with a Z in the first segment, is it possible to have a fast lane access? Can I or should I ask for a document to SXM or EWR terminal B for this fast lane access?

Thank you for your comments

release

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.