Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
MCT for EWR (2012)

https://www.newarkairport.com/at-airport/connecting-flights

United Airlines operates a shuttle bus between Terminals A and C from 5:00am to 10:00pm. In addition, United also operates a shuttle bus connecting Terminal B to Terminals A and C from 10:00am to 10:00pm. The shuttle bus is available at gate A28, B67, and C70 as illustrated in the image above. This service is free and you will not have to go through TSA security again. Please note this shuttle is operated at the sole responsibility of United Airlines and is subject to modification at their discretion.

Archive: Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Transit / Connection time at Newark

If a flight from Aruba arrives at Terminal C at 20.00, how realistic would it be to catch BA flight at 22.10 from Terminal B? Would bags be checked thru from Aruba to LHR, or would we need to collect them at C, then re-check them at C?
Old Apr 12, 2013, 9:32 am

Programs: United: Gold, HHonors: Gold, Marriott: Gold, AA, US, AGR
Originally Posted by botham
If a flight from Aruba arrives at Terminal C at 20.00, how realistic would it be to catch BA flight at 22.10 from Terminal B? Would bags be checked thru from Aruba to LHR, or would we need to collect them at C, then re-check them at C?
You should be fine. I believe that you clear US customs at Aruba if I'm not mistaken (can someone correct me if I'm wrong?), which means you'll arrive at EWR as if you were coming on a domestic flight.

United should interline your bags over to BA, just provide a copy of your itinerary to United when you check-in. It might take a while for the staff to punch into SHARES the interline bags, but you it should go all the way through.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TakeTheATrain
You should be fine. I believe that you clear US customs at Aruba if I'm not mistaken (can someone correct me if I'm wrong?), which means you'll arrive at EWR as if you were coming on a domestic flight.

United should interline your bags over to BA, just provide a copy of your itinerary to United when you check-in. It might take a while for the staff to punch into SHARES the interline bags, but you it should go all the way through.
Thanks very much. I wonder what would happen to our 2-4-1 tickets if there was a delay?

You are correct about clearing customs at Aruba, as someone mentioned that on another thread.

Last edited by botham; Apr 12, 2013 at 10:54 am Reason: Addition
Old Apr 25, 2013, 1:54 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
I'll be arriving off SQ22 at 17:50 to Terminal B transiting to a United Express flight departing at 19:35 from Terminal A. I have Global Entry, but these are separate tickets. Am I correct in assuming that after clearing CIQ I should simply head to the airside inter-terminal bus and get off at Terminal A without reclearing security? (I know that the MCT for SQ-UA is 150 minutes [even though for other *A airlines in TB like SK/LH/LX to UA it's 85], so my 105 minute connection is a bit short, but given that April is not generally a bad weather month for NYC I feel reasonably confident.)
Old Apr 25, 2013, 4:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by armagebedar
I'll be arriving off SQ22 at 17:50 to Terminal B transiting to a United Express flight departing at 19:35 from Terminal A. I have Global Entry, but these are separate tickets. Am I correct in assuming that after clearing CIQ I should simply head to the airside inter-terminal bus and get off at Terminal A without reclearing security? (I know that the MCT for SQ-UA is 150 minutes [even though for other *A airlines in TB like SK/LH/LX to UA it's 85], so my 105 minute connection is a bit short, but given that April is not generally a bad weather month for NYC I feel reasonably confident.)
You'll take the AirTrain (it's land side at EWR) from B to A, but you'll want to double check your UX flights is from A and not C (believe it or not some Express flights go out of C). UA doesn't have counters at B so you won't be able to check in or drop your bags anyway. I think you'll be fine time wise, you won't need to run, just walk quickly.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 8:56 am

Programs: 9W Silver, AI Flying returns
51 mins connection time at EWR

I know that a connection time of 51 minutes is just too tight but my work schedule and the travel desk of my company has left no choice for me. so, here's my itinerary:

1815 ALB - 1929 EWR UA
2020 EWR - 2015 DEL UA

there's a connection time of 1 hour in which i will have to go through immigration as well. Do you guys think that i will be able to make it? If not, then, what are my options if i miss the connection. The ticket is booked through on a single PNR. I am specially worried because of the reports of delays at US airports due to cost cutting. Thanks in advance for the help.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
I think its more of UA question. You should read this here.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...wr-thread.html
Also, you will not need to clear immigration. A terminal change may be needed as I am assuming ALB-EWR is UX flight? There will be a passport check at the gate but nothing more than that. If you miss the flight UA should put you on one of the partner flights or the next flight out to DEL but since the sequestration cuts are not UA's fault they are technically not liable.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 9:28 am

I don't know what day is your flight but looking at ALB>EWR for tonight, that flight is already listed with a 32 minute Delay. Whereas the EWR>DEL flight is currently showing on-time. The good news is both flights depart from the same terminal (C) but you really don't have any time whatsoever for delays of any kind. I will say this is 50/50 even if your ALB>EWR manages to leave on time.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 9:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is a crazy connection. It's not 51 minutes, it's 21 minutes. UA requires OP to be at his xEWR gate no later than T-30. At that time, he can be denied boarding without any penalty (by UA). In particular, if the flight is overbooked and without OP's seat, it will be oversold, UA can offload OP at T-30 and give the seat to an otherwise IDB/VDB pax.

All of this allows 21 minutes from the time the brakes are locked on the inbound to the gate reader for the outbound. That's doable, but has zero tolerance for even minute delays.

Not only sequestration, but routine ATC, WX and the like can and do cause delays. Short-hauls on RJ's feel the brunt of that the most while the long-hauls are prioritized. So, if there's a pattern, it's that the inbound will be late while the outbound will be on-time.

Sometimes it's just the way of life that one has commitments on both sides of a trip and nothing can be moved. But, this is one where OP really needs a Plan B in hand.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:08 am

Since it's a single ticket, it is a legal connection. As noted, there is no immigration when departing the US. It is UA's responsibility to get you to DEL; it is not your responsibility to get to the gate at T-30 if the incoming flight is late. Usually they will wait for you if the delay is minor.

However, there is no guarantee. If you don't mind staying in a hotel in beautiful New Jersey for a day or two, it is OK. Otherwise, such tight connections are crazy.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:57 am

Programs: 9W Silver, AI Flying returns
thanx so much everyone for your replies. Looks like i better be prepared with a plan B. Will i be on my own if the other flight leaves because of the flight from ALB getting delayed or will they accommodate me on the next available partner flight? Also, will i have to arrange my own stay at Jersey or UA will accommodate me in a hotel?
Old Apr 25, 2013, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Since it's a single ticket, it is a legal connection. As noted, there is no immigration when departing the US. It is UA's responsibility to get you to DEL; it is not your responsibility to get to the gate at T-30 if the incoming flight is late. Usually they will wait for you if the delay is minor.

However, there is no guarantee. If you don't mind staying in a hotel in beautiful New Jersey for a day or two, it is OK. Otherwise, such tight connections are crazy.
Incorrect.

1. If OP is not at his outbound gate by T-30, his reservation is subject to cancellation. Period. Doesn't matter whether his inbound is late or Martians kidnapped him. If the flight is oversold at that point, UA will indeed give OP's seat to a standby.

2. UA rarely holds flights, particularly ultra long-hauls where fuel and crew time are at a premium. Not only should OP not count on it, but he should count on the opposite.

3. It is true that if OP misconnects, UA will rebook him. But, that doesn't mean rebook conveniently. The next available could easily be the next day, on a tortured routing or really bad seats.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Don't risk this, OP. You stand a good chance of spending the night at the EWR Days Inn and getting to DEL 24 hours later than planned.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All this talk about if you are not at the gate at T-30 min your res is subject to cancellation and UA can give your seat away. How on earth would they know if you are there or not. So everyone in the boarding line that has not had their boarding pass scanned yet and it is <T-30 min is subject to cancellation? Ridiculous. If everyone has boarded and you have not then I can see it happening. But with a mob still boarding no way they will know you are not there. Yes I know the rules say it but in reality as long as there are still people boarding it shouldn't be a problem.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Baze
All this talk about if you are not at the gate at T-30 min your res is subject to cancellation and UA can give your seat away. How on earth would they know if you are there or not. So everyone in the boarding line that has not had their boarding pass scanned yet and it is <T-30 min is subject to cancellation? Ridiculous. If everyone has boarded and you have not then I can see it happening. But with a mob still boarding no way they will know you are not there. Yes I know the rules say it but in reality as long as there are still people boarding it shouldn't be a problem.
Completely agree. But that's a situational issue. If the mob somehow get on the plane quickly, T-30 still applies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.