Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Sigh - I should have left well and good alone! Changing a waitlisted award segement

Sigh - I should have left well and good alone! Changing a waitlisted award segement

Old Jul 5, 19, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP

Last winter, I scored 2 business class awards LAX-SFO-TLV at the lower level. LAX-SFO was in Y (XN). That segment was waitlisted for business.

I called in today to change the LAX-SFO flight as I wanted a longer connection. No problem. But the upgrade was still showing for the original flight.

So I called again. The against saw the issue and moved things around.

I checked again. OY! The itinerary now shows LAX-SFO-TLV in JN, everything confirmed in J (and the LAX-SFO waitlisted flight is still stuck in there to boot).

I called UA a third time. Agent told me all was fine and that it will clear up day of flight. I know well enough that I would arrive at the airport and they would demand more miles or fly in Y. So the agent is now working with he3r support desk to make everything right again. Note: she added that it's NOT possible to waitlist the upgrade from XN. Wiser people know better than I. I'll just leave it!
Old Jul 5, 19, 7:26 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Uch. But you can definitely waitlist once all fixed. HUACA.
Old Jul 5, 19, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Well, they put Humpty Dumpty back together. But in the process they told me that I would have the pay $50 to change to that earlier flight I wanted (even though previous agent had changed it). Sigh....
Old Jul 5, 19, 8:06 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by zrs70 View Post
.,,. But in the process they told me that I would have the pay $50 to change to that earlier flight I wanted (even though previous agent had changed it). Sigh....
Standard change fee inside of 60 days for a Plat. While the earlier agent may have waived, it is standard policy to charge it,