Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Take your pick! 3 inflight snacks to choose from: Maple Wafers, pretzels, stroopwafel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Take your pick! 3 inflight snacks to choose from: Maple Wafers, pretzels, stroopwafel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
I read "Maple Wafer" as "Maple Waffle" with an accent
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: MR Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by villox
I have had success both asking for a stroopwafel in F and also getting it heated up in the oven.
Why don't you just let it warm up on your coffee, like the gods intended?

Needless to say, I'm very, very happy that I will be able to get a stroopwafel with my coffee on any flight I desire! Hooray for good news!
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by GTJoe
Unfortunately, because by the time the cart gets to say, Row 21, you get served some coffee that's not necessarily terribly warm and, if you decide to flip the stroopwafel to get the other side warmed a little, the formerly warm side gets cold again. I've had better luck either going to the back after a beverage/food service and getting a hotter cup and/or asking for a cup of the next brew.

David
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by PTahCha

Of course, now the FAs have to ask another question, customers goes "huh?", then repeat all snack options before placing drink order. Repeat scenario 85 times.
my hope is that they’ll have them in a basket and hold them out for the pax to view and pick. Otherwise... “Maple who? Stroop what? Ah.. let me think, can I see the choices... oh, guess I will go with.... let’s see... pretzels?”
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by notquiteaff

my hope is that they’ll have them in a basket and hold them out for the pax to view and pick. Otherwise... “Maple who? Stroop what? Ah.. let me think, can I see the choices... oh, guess I will go with.... let’s see... pretzels?”
Yes pretzels. Everyone on my flight pick pretzels please. And after those are gone, those maple crisps.

Air Houston likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Miss Swede is allergic to egg, so only pretzels for her.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by GTJoe

Needless to say, I'm very, very happy that I will be able to get a stroopwafel with my coffee on any flight I desire! Hooray for good news!
I’ve actually never really had luck with this. It mostly just makes the waffle soggy and I don’t have enough patience anyway.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
Drat! My upgrade cleared. No stroopwafel for me.
It's part of the F refreshment basket now.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: MR Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by villox

I’ve actually never really had luck with this. It mostly just makes the waffle soggy and I don’t have enough patience anyway.
That's quite unfortunate. I've always had pretty good luck! Hell, I do it at home because I like it so much.

Originally Posted by DELee
Unfortunately, because by the time the cart gets to say, Row 21, you get served some coffee that's not necessarily terribly warm and, if you decide to flip the stroopwafel to get the other side warmed a little, the formerly warm side gets cold again. I've had better luck either going to the back after a beverage/food service and getting a hotter cup and/or asking for a cup of the next brew.

David
That sounds like a very reasonable plan if you don't get hot coffee. You have my sympathies for that!
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by seat38a
It's part of the F refreshment basket now.
admittedly I don’t fly nearly as much in the last year or so, but my experience with the F snack basket is that most of the items rotate in and out by flight, so you never really know what they’ll have on any given departure. I’ve definitely seen some consistencies over time...there’s almost always bananas, for example (not always ripe ones, but that’s probably for a different thread), but especially the packaged stuff changes. I’ve definitely seen stroopwafels from time to time, but definitely that hasn’t been consistent. YMMV, I guess.

On that note (even though perhaps slightly OT), anyone seen any Dancing Deer products out of ORD anytime recently in the F snack basket. They used to have them semi-randomly, I think I’ve actually only see them maybe 2 or 3 times, but love their baked goods so thought I might as well see if the crowd has seen them.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
How about some variation on the Stroopwafel flavors?
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
How about some variation on the Stroopwafel flavors?
no. Some things don’t need to be changed. The original is the only stroopwafel. Just no.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LH FT, Marriott Plat, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PPlus
I read OP's post and immediately changed from row 20 to 8 on my ORD-EWR. Thx!
JAaronT and Air Houston like this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 6:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by emcampbe

admittedly I don’t fly nearly as much in the last year or so, but my experience with the F snack basket is that most of the items rotate in and out by flight, so you never really know what they’ll have on any given departure. I’ve definitely seen some consistencies over time...there’s almost always bananas, for example (not always ripe ones, but that’s probably for a different thread), but especially the packaged stuff changes. I’ve definitely seen stroopwafels from time to time, but definitely that hasn’t been consistent. YMMV, I guess.

On that note (even though perhaps slightly OT), anyone seen any Dancing Deer products out of ORD anytime recently in the F snack basket. They used to have them semi-randomly, I think I’ve actually only see them maybe 2 or 3 times, but love their baked goods so thought I might as well see if the crowd has seen them.
I was on a red eye to IAH couple of weeks ago and I was the only one awake for the refreshment service. I took all the stroopwafels from the basket with the FA's blessing.

Very nice FA in FC in 2016 brought me couple from coach and then after chatting for a bit, just before landing, she surprised me with a stack of the stroopwafels that she got from the rear galley. These were quite valuable in Peru when we got altitude sickness and lost our appetite.
by B H, on Flickr

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 1, 2019 at 9:26 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Jul 1, 2019, 6:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Even better - stroopwaffel all day not just AM flights.

I was in a ground hold delay at SMF earlier this year and the gate cart had them as well. Liberated 3-4 (I am bashful). Mmmmm
msglsmo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.