Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Take your pick! 3 inflight snacks to choose from: Maple Wafers, pretzels, stroopwafel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Take your pick! 3 inflight snacks to choose from: Maple Wafers, pretzels, stroopwafel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2019, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold

CHICAGO, July 1, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today announced customers will get to choose between three complimentary inflight snack items offered in United Economy® on all domestic flights, regardless of departure time. As of July 1, customers will have a choice between Byrd's Maple Wafers, pretzels and the customer favorite, stroopwafel.
Any of the three all day.
🗣 Maple Waferssssssssssssss!

Almost makes up for the dynamic award pricing!
drewguy likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Stroopwafels FTW. /thread. Scored 8 on a recent flight. FA gave me a handful when I asked. Had breakfast snacks for the next week. As a bonus flight was on time both ways. Happy-happy.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
This sounds like an enhancement I'd like, but I'm so cynical, I'm afraid that UA found a stash of "about to go out of date boxes" and had enough left of all three to hand them out, and when they're all gone that will be it for snacks.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I always asked for the stroopwafels (or maple cookies) on every flight. I like them, but more importantly, my 4 yo won’t eat pretzels on the plane (even though she does at school sometimes...go figure). FAs were almost always willing to go check, and while the occasional time they can’t find any, almost always I was given at least a couple, but often a handful. So they were also good to bring home or on the road for snacks.

Im liking the choice at all times, if this is the case (and always wondered why DL did it but not UA). I also always wondered why they only served the stroopwafels on flights that departed until 9:45 - I’m rarely on anything much earlier (anymore..that’s traveling with kids for you), but seemed really earlier to stop the ‘breakfast’ snack offering...you’d think they could’ve at least gone until 10:30 or 11. Who wants pretzels at 10am?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by milepig
This sounds like an enhancement I'd like, but I'm so cynical, I'm afraid that UA found a stash of "about to go out of date boxes" and had enough left of all three to hand them out, and when they're all gone that will be it for snacks.
Dynamic bidding for the limited on board supply of snacks
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:17 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
I'm glad they are copying one of DL's positive policies. In Y, they offer 4 snacks: Kind square bar, Biscoff cookies, almonds, and Cheeze-It crackers.

Of course, now the FAs have to ask another question, customers goes "huh?", then repeat all snack options before placing drink order. Repeat scenario 85 times.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I wonder if they'll ever hire a proofreader who knows English for their press releases.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:56 am

A change I like... on a Monday?

The snack-basket-for-all is something I actually like on B6; glad other airlines are emulating it.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by milepig
Costco had stroopwafles, 40 for $4.97 (discounted/discontinued clearance)

Though they were wrapped in 4 groups of 10, not individual
Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Of course, now the FAs have to ask another question, customers goes "huh?", then repeat all snack options before placing drink order. Repeat scenario 85 times.

That's exactly what I was thinking.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Love the stroopwafel - just don’t look at the nutritional figures though
Air Houston and flyguy6 like this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:43 am
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Originally Posted by PTahCha
More like the passenger requesting a stroopwafel and the FA going huh?
My guess is that they’ll always be out of at least one of the three options if not two!
Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Drat! My upgrade cleared. No stroopwafel for me.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
Drat! My upgrade cleared. No stroopwafel for me.
I have had success both asking for a stroopwafel in F and also getting it heated up in the oven.
uastarflyer and PushingTin like this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gmt4
Stroopwafels FTW. /thread..
In before the lock. Hopefully they stock enough stroopwaffel and offer a choice starting in E+ and going back...
msglsmo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.