Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Watering down SDC for a credit card benefit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Watering down SDC for a credit card benefit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Honestly the SDC benefit should be for Club credit card members to make it even more premium...

Also as far as United Club passes go it would be nice to annually choose from a discount club membership (like $150 off, or something), percentage off voucher or coupon off the next flight, etc. in lieu of club passes that some lounges don't seem to accept anyways when the lounges are full... Some years I'd rather have a United club membership than passes and other years I might not even use them...
Old Jun 30, 2019, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by jsloan
Precisely. You jump ahead of everyone else on the CPU list, regardless of your status.

In theory, it would also make it possible to do things like SDC LAX-ORD-DCA, with a CPU on both segments, to LAX-EWR-DCA. If I were hanging out on the LAX-EWR upgrade list with an RPU applied, I'd be none too happy about that.
my experience has always been it doesn’t work crossing to a PS flight since it’s not the same fare classes. I was often on cheap P fare first lax with a connection to ewr and they would never let me SDC into first on the direct
Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jp12687
I’m in the PQD waiver doesn’t matter to me boat. So CSR is very superior
I need a PQM waiver...
N104UA likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Hope I'm wrong, but between this and something else I noticed a couple of weeks ago, which I don't want to get into here yet, I predict 2020 will be the last year of United's (full) PQD waivers for spending $25,000+ on United CCs and for members using a foreign address.
This works for me as it is sure to thin the lower level elite ranks and I never have a PQD problem.

That being said, it's pretty ironic given that UA is complaining about thousands of customers dropping its Chase cards - yet another disincentive to keep paying an AF for this useless card.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jp12687

I’m in the PQD waiver doesn’t matter to me boat. So CSR is very superior.
But you need to make that caveat. PQD waiver is huge for others

Originally Posted by notquiteaff

well, it looks like this hypothetical card would do away with the waiver and let you change your way to some PQDs.
I read this as above and beyond - meaning the PQD waiver stays but up to $2500 PQD can be earned towards 1K status.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Almost all of these proposals seem to be geared towards non-elites - most of the benefits are for those who don't have status, or perhaps have silver status so get limited benefits.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by uastarflyer

I read this as above and beyond - meaning the PQD waiver stays but up to $2500 PQD can be earned towards 1K status.
Yeah, entirely unclear whether this would be instead of PQD waiver or a way to get a bit closer to higher status, kind of like the PQM bonus the older cards have/had. Given that it's touted as a selling point (i.e., "would you like this benefit?") rather than a "changes to our card you'll like", I favor the interpretation that it's an added benefit to the card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.