FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   New research project email? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1976036-new-research-project-email.html)

milepig Jun 28, 2019 5:08 pm

New research project email?

I received an email this afternoon with a link to fill out a survey to see if I’m eligible to join a research group in Chicago.

I’ve done these before and they’re fun, but this time the first page asked for my phone number and date of birth, both of which UA has!!, but not my MP number. My spam alarm bells went off, but it looks legit.

Anyone else?

uber1K_Flyer Jun 28, 2019 5:18 pm

I got it and replied. Gave me several options for dates and times including cocktails.

milepig Jun 28, 2019 5:24 pm

Thanks. I just responded as well. The only real questions were how tall I am and how much I weigh. Curious.

mahasamatman Jun 28, 2019 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by milepig (Post 31250383)
The only real questions were how tall I am and how much I weigh.

Is United going to start offering skydiving flights now?

narvik Jun 28, 2019 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by milepig (Post 31250383)
The only real questions were how tall I am and how much I weigh. Curious.

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 31250391)
Is United going to start offering skydiving flights now?

They might be investigating TRUE dynamic pricing, where they charge by body volume.

milepig Jun 28, 2019 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by narvik (Post 31250435)
They might be investigating TRUE dynamic pricing, where they charge by body volume.

This is actually my concern.

That, or we’ll be presented with a range of seats so see how small they can go.

narvik Jun 28, 2019 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by milepig (Post 31250444)
That, or we’ll be presented with a range of seats so see how small they can go.

Oh. Yes, not impossible.
Although didn't Munoz say they are at the limit in seat smallness, and they can't go smaller?

AirbusFan2B Jun 28, 2019 5:56 pm

Didn’t receive current survey. Received survey and was invited to try 4 new domestic FC prototype seats in Willis Tower a few years back as a Premier 1K. Cocktails and hors d’oeuvres were served. It was a fun event with dozens of other pax and reps from the seat manufacturers. I respect UA’s approach - my only disappointment with the outcome is the headrests don’t tilt forward like they used to do on A319/A320.

narvik Jun 28, 2019 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B (Post 31250455)
Didn’t receive current survey. Received survey and was invited to try 4 new domestic FC prototype seats in Willis Tower a few years back as a Premier 1K.

Was any of the 4 seats actually selected?

AirbusFan2B Jun 28, 2019 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by narvik (Post 31250461)
Was any of the 4 seats actually selected?

Took a while from focus group to implementation but as far as I recall, it WAS one of the prototypes. There could have been additional modifications that I don’t recall.

mahasamatman Jun 28, 2019 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by narvik (Post 31250452)
didn't Munoz say they are at the limit in seat smallness, and they can't go smaller?

Bean bags.

EricH Jun 28, 2019 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by narvik (Post 31250452)
[D]idn't Munoz say they are at the limit in seat smallness, and they can't go smaller?

But he's keeping an open mind.

narvik Jun 28, 2019 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 31250478)
Bean bags.

Originally Posted by EricH (Post 31250484)
But he's keeping an open mind.

Kirby is maybe investigating a 777-SUPER-HD variant with no seats at all?

Standing only.
No luggage allowed.
Could fit 700+ PAX (with some extra emergency doors).
Cost of ticket is: $0.10/ foot³ body volume x miles-of-travel + $80.

WineCountryUA Jun 29, 2019 11:59 am

Originally Posted by WilliamMorrison (Post 31252107)
And what kind of research project, you can detail?

Individuals that join these focus/evaluation/discussion sessions are generally required to sign an NDA. These may be in-person events or online activities.

milepig Jun 29, 2019 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 31252461)
Individuals that join these focus/evaluation/discussion sessions are generally required to sign an NDA. These may be in-person events or online activities.

One that was so long ago that disclosure couldn’t possibly be an issue was a group presented with a variety of business class meals to discuss. Sometimes they were the exact same meal but plated differently. We got to ask a lot of questions like “why is there always a filet, they aren’t very good” answer was that people complain. And “can we please have something that doesn’t taste like nursing home food” and the answer again was “people complain”. They really do have a narrow range they can work within. It was all great fun.