Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United-Amtrak Codeshare FAQ - Including ZFV (Philadelphia) {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United-Amtrak Codeshare FAQ - Including ZFV (Philadelphia) {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2015, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by physioprof
Try the multiple destination search, where you choose each segment individually.
I meant the OP could just book an Amtrak ticket at that point.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:36 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by aacharya
I meant the OP could just book an Amtrak ticket at that point.
Then it's not a codeshare, and can't be a connecting segment on the same itinerary, which I assume is what OP is looking for.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Then it's not a codeshare, and can't be a connecting segment on the same itinerary, which I assume is what OP is looking for.
Right. But it doesnt matter if its the southern segments below ZFV.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 10:41 am

Try the multiple destination search, where you choose each segment individually.
I tried, i had a lot of fine to play with the united website on a transcontinental flight yesterday. No dice. "No flights found".

Not even by itself: For example, EWR-ZWI shows me zero "flights", but zwi-ewr shows plenty. ??
Old Oct 4, 2015, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by sokolov
I tried, i had a lot of fine to play with the united website on a transcontinental flight yesterday. No dice. "No flights found".

Not even by itself: For example, EWR-ZWI shows me zero "flights", but zwi-ewr shows plenty. ??
Try Google Flights. It has helped me find ZFV fares in the past (is even listed as a city) perhaps the other your are seeking like ZWI will appear as well..
Old Oct 4, 2015, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Try Google Flights. It has helped me find ZFV fares in the past (is even listed as a city) perhaps the other your are seeking like ZWI will appear as well..
Google Flights is a nicer frontend to the ITA Matrix. All owned by Alphabet. If the Matrix doesn't find it, and United.com doesn't, Google Flights won't.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 12:23 pm

How about calling UA?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 12:19 am

How about calling UA?
Do you think the call centre people know why this isn't available?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:58 pm

Do you think the call centre people know why this isn't available?
It might just be available to them.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
It might just be available to them.
Maybe, maybe not. Last year, I booked an award ticket MDT-FRA with a connecting LH-operated bus from FRA to SXB, but I wanted to take a slightly later bus than the website was offering so I'd have time to shower and have breakfast in the LH club upon arrival. The UA phone agents couldn't see the bus connection option at all, so I went ahead and booked it and called them back to change it and they still couldn't see it--she expressed surprise it even showed it in my PNR because they weren't even showing that it existed in their systems.

Moral of the story is that sometimes things are hidden even from phone agents.

Always worth a shot, though.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by jackal
Maybe, maybe not. Last year, I booked an award ticket MDT-FRA with a connecting LH-operated bus from FRA to SXB, but I wanted to take a slightly later bus than the website was offering so I'd have time to shower and have breakfast in the LH club upon arrival. The UA phone agents couldn't see the bus connection option at all, so I went ahead and booked it and called them back to change it and they still couldn't see it--she expressed surprise it even showed it in my PNR because they weren't even showing that it existed in their systems.

Moral of the story is that sometimes things are hidden even from phone agents.

Always worth a shot, though.
So what happened with the bus?!
Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not getting the issue in this situation. The train passes through ZFV down to ZWI.

Simply buying a ZFV-ZWI R/T separate from the airplane ticket XXX-ZFV-XXX takes care of all this. It's $44 right now on random dates, without using promotional codes.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Isn''t this thread about ZFV

No foul inteneded, however this thread seems to have been going slightly off topic. I am a fan of ZFV and of recent the Posts have not been about ZFV, is it possible to remain on point. Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
No foul inteneded, however this thread seems to have been going slightly off topic. I am a fan of ZFV and of recent the Posts have not been about ZFV, is it possible to remain on point. Thanks and Safe Travels
Umm, this thread title and wiki "includes" ZFV - it is not only about ZFV.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by aacharya
Umm, this thread title and wiki "includes" ZFV - it is not only about ZFV.
Oops, I stand corrected. Been along time follower of this thread and I read the title as you quoted.. Never seen so much chatter outside of ZFV so I questioned Thanks and Safe Travels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.