Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Adds Second Daily Nonstop Service between SFO-HKG (back to daily till 28 Mar 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

UA Adds Second Daily Nonstop Service between SFO-HKG (back to daily till 28 Mar 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold

New frequency coming in October:

https://hub.united.com/2019-06-27-un...639004594.html

Hong Kong (HKG) – San Francisco (SFO) Schedule (Effective Oct. 26)
Flight
Frequency
Dep.
Time
Time
Aircraft
UA 869
Daily
SFO - HKG
1:15 p.m.
8:20 p.m. +1 day
B777-200ER
UA 877 (New)
Mon/Wed/Sat.

Tue/Thu/Fri/Sun
SFO - HKG
11:05 p.m.

10:50 p.m.
6:10 a.m.+2 days

5:55 a.m. +2 days
B777-200ER
UA 862
Daily
HKG - SFO
12:20 p.m.
8:40 a.m.
B777-200ER
UA 878 (New)
Daily
HKG - SFO
10:30 p.m.
6:50 p.m.
B777-200ER
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
United Airlines Adds Second Daily Nonstop Service between San Francisco and Hong Kong

https://hub.united.com/2019-06-27-un...7fL9A4umAdbGCE

United Airlines Adds Second Daily Nonstop Service between San Francisco and Hong Kong

SAN FRANCISCO, June 27, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today announced it is offering customers a second daily nonstop flight between San Francisco and Hong Kong. Beginning October 26, United will operate two daily nonstop flights between San Francisco and Hong Kong giving customers the choice of midday or late-night departures from both airports. Tickets are now available for purchase."The addition of a second daily nonstop flight between San Francisco and Hong Kong offers customers more flexibility and convenience when planning travel to one of the world's largest business markets," said Patrick Quayle, United's vice president of International Network. "We look forward to offering customers a schedule that fits their travel needs with convenient times and greater connectivity to United's extensive and growing network." United's schedule between San Francisco and Hong Kong offers business and leisure customers more flexibility when planning travel. United's new evening departure from San Francisco gives customers a morning arrival in Hong Kong to start their day and the new evening departure from Hong Kong will arrive into San Francisco in the evening. These two flights combined will offer customers more options to connect to 80 destinations beyond San Francisco.

Hong Kong (HKG) – San Francisco (SFO) Schedule (Effective Oct. 26)
Flight
Frequency
Dep.
Time
Time
Aircraft
UA 869
Daily
SFO - HKG
1:15 p.m.
8:20 p.m. +1 day
B777-200ER
UA 877 (New)
Mon/Wed/Sat.

Tue/Thu/Fri/Sun
SFO - HKG
11:05 p.m.

10:50 p.m.
6:10 a.m.+2 days

5:55 a.m. +2 days
B777-200ER
UA 862
Daily
HKG - SFO
12:20 p.m.
8:40 a.m.
B777-200ER
UA 878 (New)
Daily
HKG - SFO
10:30 p.m.
6:50 p.m.
B777-200ER
Expanding San Francisco's International Network in 2019

This year, United started nonstop seasonal service from San Francisco to Amsterdam; and extended Auckland, New Zealand and Tahiti, French Polynesia services to year-round. The airline also began a second daily flight to Seoul, South Korea and twice-daily service to Toronto, Canada. In October, United will begin seasonal nonstop service to Melbourne, Australia and new seasonal service to New Delhi in December.

With these new routes, the airline will serve 29 international destinations from San Francisco, including eight cities in Europe, India and the Middle East; seven in North America; and 14 in Asia and Oceania. United, the largest airline at San Francisco International Airport, operates more than 300 daily flights. The network expansion cements United's preeminent position in San Francisco, where the carrier offers more nonstop flights than any U.S. airline from San Francisco to the Asia-Pacific region and Europe. Tickets are now available for purchase.United has been a Bay Area company for 90 years and employs 14,000 people in the Bay Area, including 2,500 at its maintenance base, which recently celebrated its 70th anniversary of operation. United continues to invest in the airport and last year opened the 28,000-square-foot United Polaris lounge near Gate G92 in International Terminal G. Every customer. Every flight. Every day.In 2019, United is focusing more than ever on its commitment to its customers, looking at every aspect of its business to ensure that the carrier keeps customers' best interests at the heart of its service. In addition to today's announcement, United recently announced that luxury skincare line Sunday Riley will make products exclusively for United customers to experience in amenity kits, released a re-imagined version of the most downloaded app in the airline industry, introduced ConnectionSaver, a new tool dedicated to improving the experience for customers connecting from one United flight to the next and made DIRECTV free for every passenger on 211 aircraft, offering more than 100 channels on seat back monitors on more than 30,000 seats.
EWR764 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Wow, I didn't see that one coming! Should be great for upgrades.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Wow, yes, great news. The frequency and, especially, the timing.

Not loaded in schedule yet. I assume this will be a Polarised 772.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Wow, I didn't see that one coming! Should be great for upgrades.
I can assure you that if United thought that, they wouldn't be adding it.
higher_flyer likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Not going to be of much use for me being on the East Coast, but love to see more international routes/frequencies being added.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
What, no flashy social media teaser?

Agree, excellent timing.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: SPG, Marriott, UA, AA, CX, SQ
Amaaaaaazeballs !!!

DL : “our customers loooove connecting at Incheon to head to HKG”

UA : just 4th daily no biggie

now the guessing game begins for where the 77W will be redeployed
lixiaojuventus, wrp96 and ryw like this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by tromer
I can assure you that if United thought that, they wouldn't be adding it.
It's already an eminently upgradeable route, and they're now increasing J capacity by 67%.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: The Marina. Comic Relief. UA 1K and 1MM. MacBook Pro.
Readability for the win:

Old Jun 27, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SFO_Runner
Readability for the win:

What an odd schedule (the 15 minute difference 3x/week)
Air Houston and phkc070408 like this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: The Marina. Comic Relief. UA 1K and 1MM. MacBook Pro.
Originally Posted by williambruno1975
now the guessing game begins for where the 77W will be redeployed
I'll bring back the oft-asked 2000's FT question: why doesn't UA fly LAX - HKG?

This is actually a pre-emptive move by UA to anticipate further 737 MAX grounding by using the 777W as a single-frequency replacement for some route.
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by JAaronT
What an odd schedule (the 15 minute difference 3x/week)
+1.

Works well so they can avoid having either plane sit in HK more than a few hours.
atword likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 10:21 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
I love PM departures from Asia to SFO...It really helps me adjust to the eastern time zone quite well. I sleep lightly on the overwater flight, relax at SFO for a few hours, then zonk out on the domestic 777 lie-flat redeye to ORD. Right now, despite PVG-ORD being very convenient, I invariably take the PVG-SFO midnight departure now for this same reason.

However, I have absolutely zero interest in the new westbound flight, personally. Despite a Polaris seat, I just can't hit the ground running like that. It's generally too early to get into a hotel and HKG is not one of those cities I want to wander around in when wearing the same clothes I'd been wearing for the previous 24 hours or so.

But even so...Yay! First new flight to HKG in a while.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by drewguy
Works well so they can avoid having either plane sit in HK more than a few hours.
They might still have to tow it back and forth...OR...they might just have the plane sitting from 6 am to 11 am on a remote stand! (Get ready for the humidity!)

OK that's a relief for the 9 am GDP struggle for us in the West outside SFBA.

So will there be no more flights that are exclusively staffed by the HK base?

And I assume the schedule posted is for first full week of November, but which end will be an hour off for Halloween week?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.