Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated TLV logistics / checkin / lounges for UA flyers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated TLV logistics / checkin / lounges for UA flyers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
The Dan Lounge(s) have always been pretty bad as lounges. Truth is, TLV as an airport is pretty open and airy, decent (not incredible, decent) options to eat, free WiFi, plenty of places to sit, and large windows at the ends of the concourses and in food courts for tarmac viewing. So the Dan Lounge doesn't really represent much extra. If you go when it's not crowded, then yes, it's quieter and has free food (though you're not getting a full meal except maybe breakfast). But the WiFi is generally not so great anyways. And if crowded, it's even worse than the terminal.

King David Lounge is definitely a nice lounge. But you'd need to find someone flying LY to guest you in as you cannot pay to enter, and they don't work with any credit cards of Priority Pass.

If you can afford it or expense it, there's the new Fattal VIP Terminal. It's about $500 to use, but it replaces the terminal experience entirely. They have showers. And supposedly really nice (I have yet to experience it myself).
Old Jul 1, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
UA (and CO before it) wanted to open a lounge at TLV but IIRC the airport operator has some sort of exclusivity with LY and Dan Hotels.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Now try to find a seat before UA90
Figure you mean UA91? Last few times I went to Israel I did UA90 to TLV, UA85 back home. Lounge is comfortable before UA85, maybe I'm biassed if that's not the busy time at TLV.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zspitzer
Figure you mean UA91? Last few times I went to Israel I did UA90 to TLV, UA85 back home. Lounge is comfortable before UA85, maybe I'm biassed if that's not the busy time at TLV.
UA85 is not as busy a time as all their midnight flights
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:16 am

Programs: UA GS, Amex Centurion, UA 1MM
Waiting now on tarmac for UA85 to depart. Was in new renovated Dan lounge in departing terminal 3- E gates to be told no access for United. Only Latam’s one flight a day. The agent told me upgraded food (though I didn’t see as they were setting up). But the lounge was much nicer decor. Modern. Clean. A far cry from Dan or King David decor of yesteryear. I’m wondering what contract UA has and why can’t they audible to this lounge. Especially since my last few departures were out of the E gates. We had to use the B/C lounges.

Last edited by saccoNY; Jul 9, 2019 at 4:32 am
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by saccoNY
Waiting now on tarmac for UA85 to depart. Was in new renovated Dan lounge in departing terminal 3- E gates to be told no access for United. Only Latam’s one flight a day. The agent told me upgraded food (though I didn’t see as they were setting up). But the lounge was much nicer decor. Modern. Clean. A far cry from Dan or King David decor of yesteryear. I’m wondering what contract UA has and why can’t they audible to this lounge. Especially since my last few departures were out of the E gates. We had to use the B/C lounges.
Pretty sure that Polaris does get access to the new lounge.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by Kleinnaf
Pretty sure that Polaris does get access to the new lounge.

not for me. In Polaris and GS. And at check in agent wrote B/C lounge on my boarding pass and verbally told me to go there. Agent at lounge in E refused access. And lounge wasn’t even open to accept anyone at that time.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by saccoNY

not for me. In Polaris and GS. And at check in agent wrote B/C lounge on my boarding pass and verbally told me to go there. Agent at lounge in E refused access. And lounge wasn’t even open to accept anyone at that time.
Interesting, I take UA91 quite often and a few times the agent at the check-in desk mentioned that I'd get access to that lounge if it were open..
Old Jul 9, 2019, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Kleinnaf
Interesting, I take UA91 quite often and a few times the agent at the check-in desk mentioned that I'd get access to that lounge if it were open..

maybe true but it wasn't open. The door was open and there was an agent manning the front desk...but not food. And between my terrible Hebrew and the bad English of the agent who was working there, I inferred that we couldn't get access even if it were open...or that it just opened for the one flight a day...so possibly its an option on flights timed around the Latam flight?....
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
My son is a platinum, can he bring in a guest to one of the lounges whom is a friend of his but not on the same locator and has no status? If so, do they give out invitation cards or he just uses his star gold platinum card to gain entrance. Thanks in advance
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
My son is a platinum, can he bring in a guest to one of the lounges whom is a friend of his but not on the same locator and has no status? If so, do they give out invitation cards or he just uses his star gold platinum card to gain entrance. Thanks in advance
Generally yes he can, but your son should check-in with the friend as he'll need that 2nd invitation (usually)
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have only been to the Dan lounge twice, but they did not require any invitation card (nor did I have one). I think they photocopied my BP both times, though.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fumje
I have only been to the Dan lounge twice, but they did not require any invitation card (nor did I have one). I think they photocopied my BP both times, though.
On what basis were you entering? Status, cabin, combo?

Every time I've flown UA in C (even without status) and flown UA as *G (even in Y), I got an invite card which I give at the entrance alongside my BP
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joshwex90
On what basis were you entering? Status, cabin, combo?

Every time I've flown UA in C (even without status) and flown UA as *G (even in Y), I got an invite card which I give at the entrance alongside my BP
Both times *G and in C. Somehow I just didn't get a card at check-in, and I never knew to ask.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Thanks for your reply’s, is there a Premier Check In , And any star gold security lines at TLV? I hear the lines could be somewhat painful on departure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.