Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated logistics / checkin / lounges for UA flyers at (TLV) Tel Aviv

Consolidated logistics / checkin / lounges for UA flyers at (TLV) Tel Aviv

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 12, 20, 3:56 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 15, 19, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine View Post
Thanks for your replyís, is there a Premier Check In , And any star gold security lines at TLV? I hear the lines could be somewhat painful on departure
There should be a Premier Access section at the check in desks. I think there was also some kind of premium passenger line for security, though actually the 'painful' part is not the line but the inspection itself. It can entail a complete unpacking of all your bags with full inspection of the contents, and it is very thorough, e.g., if you have a box wrapped in plastic be prepared that they want to open the plastic and the box. It is not really terrible, just don't be in a hurry at that stage.
Old Aug 15, 19, 9:45 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Thank you, I just passed the info on to my son
Old Aug 16, 19, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Thanks everyone for your replies. My son had a good departure, he and his friend were able to get on the Premier line to check in. There was no premier line for security and he mentioned it was quite comprehensive the inspection he received. He was departing from the E gates but went to the Dan lounge in the C gates and used his boarding pass for entry and mentioned that his friend was traveling with him and they let him in without an issue. Others have mentioned itís a hike from the C to E gates But my son said it wasnít that bad. Thanks again for everything and enjoy your travels
Old Aug 18, 19, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Flying Machine View Post
Thanks everyone for your replies. My son had a good departure, he and his friend were able to get on the Premier line to check in. There was no premier line for security and he mentioned it was quite comprehensive the inspection he received. He was departing from the E gates but went to the Dan lounge in the C gates and used his boarding pass for entry and mentioned that his friend was traveling with him and they let him in without an issue. Others have mentioned itís a hike from the C to E gates But my son said it wasnít that bad. Thanks again for everything and enjoy your travels
It's a hike compared to the rest of TLV. If you're comparing to an airport like CDG, it's practically right next door
Old Aug 18, 19, 11:25 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
When you get to the airport check-in area, always say "<First destination> + Business class"...

So, for DFW via EWR at Tel Aviv, say "Newark, Business". They will route you to a shorter line.

If you don't say anything, they just send you to the usual line.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Oct 22, 19, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 1mm Gold. Former 1K and GS.
Seriously disappointed with TLV lounge options

Just had a quick out and back from SFO to TLV in the past week in Polaris. Super bummed I missed the lounge at SFO as traffic was so bad in SF that I ate up my grace time and then some. Straight to the gate.

So to make up for it, I intentionally got out to TLV on the other end super early so I could enjoy the lounge. At check in they handed my the invite card for the Dan Lounge. Made my way through security (Which was a breeze for me) and down to the Dan Lounge in the E concourse. Closed. Dark.

Backtracked to the lounge in the B concourse. Wow, what a disappointment. Very limited food offerings. Only beer and wine on self serve. I gather you have to ask for a mixed drink? Certainly no one ever came and asked me. Anyway, I left after about 15 minutes as the general concourse is much better. Got my mixed drink in the concourse and then headed down to the gate.

At the gate, I couldn't believe how many pax approached the still locked and closed Dan Lounge near the gates. Terrible for international long haul premium PAX. United has 4 flights a day by my count. 781/772/773/773 (EWR/IAD/EWR/SFO). That's a lot of premium pax every day, not even counting elites traveling in the back.

United should seriously consider purchasing the Dan Lounge space in E wing and convert it to a combination Polaris / UC location. They could easily make it work if they used it as a contract lounge for other airlines serving the E concourse or other *A carriers at TLV.

Last edited by climmy; Oct 22, 19 at 12:58 pm Reason: flight detail correction
Old Oct 22, 19, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Originally Posted by climmy View Post
Just had a quick out and back from SFO to TLV in the past week in Polaris. Super bummed I missed the lounge at SFO as traffic was so bad in SF that I ate up my grace time and then some. Straight to the gate.

So to make up for it, I intentionally got out to TLV on the other end super early so I could enjoy the lounge. At check in they handed my the invite card for the Dan Lounge. Made my way through security (Which was a breeze for me) and down to the Dan Lounge in the E concourse. Closed. Dark.

Backtracked to the lounge in the B concourse. Wow, what a disappointment. Very limited food offerings. Only beer and wine on self serve. I gather you have to ask for a mixed drink? Certainly no one ever came and asked me. Anyway, I left after about 15 minutes as the general concourse is much better. Got my mixed drink in the concourse and then headed down to the gate.

At the gate, I couldn't believe how many pax approached the still locked and closed Dan Lounge near the gates. Terrible for international long haul premium PAX. United has 4 flights a day by my count. 781/772/773/773 (EWR/IAD/EWR/SFO). That's a lot of premium pax every day, not even counting elites traveling in the back.

United should seriously consider purchasing the Dan Lounge space in E wing and convert it to a combination Polaris / UC location. They could easily make it work if they used it as a contract lounge for other airlines serving the E concourse or other *A carriers at TLV.
Yes, its a sore subject. There's certainly UA demand for a lounge there on its own, plus the *A traffic...
Old Oct 22, 19, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, TK Elite, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis First
Originally Posted by climmy View Post
Made my way through security (Which was a breeze for me) and down to the Dan Lounge in the E concourse. Closed. Dark.
Does United actually give access to the E-gates Dan lounge? This is a newer lounge, with far more restrictive rules than the other 3. (And as you discovered, far more restrictive hours too)
Old Jan 1, 20, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA GS, Amex Centurion, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by docbert View Post
Does United actually give access to the E-gates Dan lounge? This is a newer lounge, with far more restrictive rules than the other 3. (And as you discovered, far more restrictive hours too)
Iím here now in the new E Lounge. Agent told me UA has been using the past few weeks. Huge upgrade from
the dinginess of the others. Food is nothing special but totally good. Itís dairy. And honestly the lounge is now about on par with a United Club (refurb) back home.

but Iíll take it for sure. Happy New Year surprise.
ajGoes likes this.
Old Jan 1, 20, 2:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K .97MM, IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
i was politely declined entry as *G 3 weeks ago. My flight was departing at the end of the E concourse so walking back to B/C wasnít cool. At check in they said B/C only so I wasnít surprised but just gave it a try.

I did use my Priority Pass via CSR at the Schmoozy Lounge for a drink and apps. It was not at all crowded so I just hung out there and watched TV for a spell

Dan Lounge in B/C is tight and slim pickings for food. The SFO rotunda UC is downright luxurious in comparison. And that one is typically slammed.

If E is now open to UA that is very recent - *G was not listed as of Dec 10.

PMUA nerd alert - at the generic machines in front of A check in counters, you select which airline you want to check in. The United option has the globe logo but the text is PMUA UNITED with the iconic winged ďTĒ. A small happy moment.
Old Jan 1, 20, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, TK Elite, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis First
Originally Posted by saccoNY View Post
I’m here now in the new E Lounge. Agent told me UA has been using the past few weeks.

For business only, or *G as well? Either way, it's good news!
Old Jan 1, 20, 2:46 pm

For business only, or *G as well? Either way, it's good news!
Sorry. Didnít ask. Iím Polaris. So got the invite at check in. On plane now. Someone else will have to confirm that.
Old Jan 2, 20, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by uastarflyer View Post
i was politely declined entry as *G 3 weeks ago. My flight was departing at the end of the E concourse so walking back to B/C wasn’t cool. At check in they said B/C only so I wasn’t surprised but just gave it a try.

I did use my Priority Pass via CSR at the Schmoozy Lounge for a drink and apps. It was not at all crowded so I just hung out there and watched TV for a spell
How was the Schmoozy Lounge? Been meaning to try it out

Dan Lounge in B/C is tight and slim pickings for food. The SFO rotunda UC is downright luxurious in comparison. And that one is typically slammed.
Yup, unfortunate reality. Dan is slim pickings for everything. It's gotten to the point that if my option is Dan (B/C) or no lounge, I now do no lounge at all.

If E is now open to UA that is very recent - *G was not listed as of Dec 10.
Not sure it is, think it might have been just Polaris (if even that as most times I know people in UA C have been turned away
PMUA nerd alert - at the generic machines in front of A check in counters, you select which airline you want to check in. The United option has the globe logo but the text is PMUA UNITED with the iconic winged “T”. A small happy moment.
Weird considering PMUA (AFAIK) didn't ever fly to TLV
Old Jan 2, 20, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90 View Post
Weird considering PMUA (AFAIK) didn't ever fly to TLV
Likely someone from the airport simply wen't Googling for an image to use when they were configuring the consolidated system, and came across that one without realizing it was out of date.
Old Jan 2, 20, 5:30 am

Likely someone from the airport simply wen't Googling for an image to use when they were configuring the consolidated system, and came across that one without realizing it was out of date.

and they use the Global Service logo at the baggage claim as "the" United logo...so yea! not so up on their United logo trivia....

Search this Thread
Search Engine: