Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

I'm Silver Premier traveling with 3 non elites LAX-IAH. E+?

Old Jun 21, 19, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold

When I check in at T-24 will I be able to get E+ seats for all of us, or is the benefit only available to me and one other passenger?

If one of the three happens to be Gold, would THEY be able to get E+ for everyone at booking?
Old Jun 21, 19, 5:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1.8MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by caseminole View Post
When I check in at T-24 will I be able to get E+ seats for all of us, or is the benefit only available to me and one other passenger? ...
Silver and Gold only get 1 companion to guest into E+. Gold get to do it at booking.
If all on one PNR, you will have to call or split the PNR.

Originally Posted by caseminole View Post
If one of the three happens to be Gold, would THEY be able to get E+ for everyone at booking?
No, also just one and if all on same PNR, they will have to call or split the PNR.
Old Jun 24, 19, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
Silver and Gold only get 1 companion to guest into E+. Gold get to do it at booking.
If all on one PNR, you will have to call or split the PNR.

No, also just one and if all on same PNR, they will have to call or split the PNR.
thank you!
Old Jun 24, 19, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, *wood Life Gold, Marriott Life Gold, Hyatt Plat
If you have one Silver and one Gold, you can split with one non-status passenger each and get all four into E+ at check in (and the Gold member +1 at booking).

Any elite member can also put up to 8 companions into "preferred" (not E+) seats at time of booking. This can be helpful to get a row or aisle seats when the plane is fairly full.