Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

I'm Silver Premier traveling with 3 non elites LAX-IAH. E+?

Old Jun 21, 2019, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold

When I check in at T-24 will I be able to get E+ seats for all of us, or is the benefit only available to me and one other passenger?

If one of the three happens to be Gold, would THEY be able to get E+ for everyone at booking?
Old Jun 21, 2019, 5:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by caseminole
When I check in at T-24 will I be able to get E+ seats for all of us, or is the benefit only available to me and one other passenger? ...
Silver and Gold only get 1 companion to guest into E+. Gold get to do it at booking.
If all on one PNR, you will have to call or split the PNR.

If one of the three happens to be Gold, would THEY be able to get E+ for everyone at booking?
No, also just one and if all on same PNR, they will have to call or split the PNR.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Silver and Gold only get 1 companion to guest into E+. Gold get to do it at booking.

No, also just one and if all on same PNR, they will have to call or split the PNR.
thank you!
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
If you have one Silver and one Gold, you can split with one non-status passenger each and get all four into E+ at check in (and the Gold member +1 at booking).

Any elite member can also put up to 8 companions into "preferred" (not E+) seats at time of booking. This can be helpful to get a row or aisle seats when the plane is fairly full.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA

Sorry, but I have heard the term PNR before, but what is it exactly?
We have the same confirmation number for the trip, shouldnt I leave that alone so I can get one companion to E+
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Sorry, but I have heard the term PNR before, but what is it exactly?
We have the same confirmation number for the trip, shouldnt I leave that alone so I can get one companion to E+
"PNR" roughly synonymous with the confirmation number (six-character alphanumeric). The idea is splitting the PNR to you +1 pax would let you both go to E+ at T-24; I thought I heard the system was getting smarter about letting you and one other pax move even if others on the PNR, but not sure about that.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by findark
"PNR" roughly synonymous with the confirmation number (six-character alphanumeric). The idea is splitting the PNR to you +1 pax would let you both go to E+ at T-24; I thought I heard the system was getting smarter about letting you and one other pax move even if others on the PNR, but not sure about that.
Ah, I think I understand now.

Well, technically, if all 4 were under the same confirmation #, I wouldnt get anything for even myself or one other companion

Splitting it would allow at least myself and ONE to get upgraded to E+

In this case, no need to split, me and my one companion are already split, the other 2 passengers are traveling on another record

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.