Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Unearthed transmission from the archives, new announcement 21 June 2019 [NASA visit]

Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
https://hub.united.com/united-apollo...edium=referral
Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A trip for winner and one (1) guest to Houston, Texas on United's space flight (the "Trip package"). Trip package includes one way, economy air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near winner's home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to New York, NY vicinity; one way economy air transportation for two (2) on United Airlines' July 17, 2019 "Space Flight" from Newark International Airport to Houston, TX; one way, economy air transportation for two (2) from Houston, TX to a major airport near winner's home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); two (2) nights' accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, double occupancy); two (2) Houston CityPASSes (terms and conditions apply); a $100 H Town Restaurant Group gift card (terms and conditions apply): a Level 9 VIP Tour for two (2) at Space Center Houston (all details determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); and two (2) tickets to Space Center Houston's Space on Screen screening and dinner on July 18, 2019 (all details determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); and travel agent services. Winner must travel on July 17-19, 2019 or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Trip must be booked at least seven (7) days prior to departure. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by the Sponsor's airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, meals, ground transportation, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Winner's guest must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure, unless said guest is the minor child of the winner. If the minor child of winner, guest must be fourteen (14) years of age or older as of the date of departure. Winner's guest must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. Winner's guest must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to Newark or Houston, ground transportation will be substituted for air travel at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Approximate Retail Value: $4,927.85. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
Print Wikipost

Unearthed transmission from the archives, new announcement 21 June 2019 [NASA visit]

Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Question Unearthed transmission from the archives, new announcement 21 June 2019 [NASA visit]

BREAKING: Newly unearthed transmission from the archives. Mission details to come on June 21st at 10:30am CT pic.twitter.com/bfLl9Hr4tm

Any guesses?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Screenshot of the first few frame

Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gokeeper
Maybe service to MLB? Or XMR?

Unless it’s an announcement that all UA flights will now take four days in each direction and end with a water landing...
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Based on all of the space puns in their replies I'm guessing it has something to do with physical space onboard.

Among other possibilities
- Lieflat domestic F or domestic PY
- Something "More Room Throughout Coach"-esque
- Bigger overhead bins

Or they could go the lame-esque route with a space-themed movie livery.

Or an Apollo-themed safety video.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, Carnival VIFP Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
The video references Houston, could be improvements at IAH or the service to/from.
silverforumsurf and wrp96 like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Based on all of the space puns in their replies I'm guessing it has something to do with physical space onboard.

Among other possibilities
- Lieflat domestic F or domestic PY
- Something "More Room Throughout Coach"-esque
- Bigger overhead bins

Or they could go the lame-esque route with a space-themed movie livery.

Or an Apollo-themed safety video.
Service to XMR — which is not a commercial airport — is more likely than MRTC. I suppose they could be announcing a Space Bins retrofit. A new lie-flat seat was rumored for the MAX 10, but I can’t believe UA would be making any MAX-related announcements right now. Domestic P+ would require having enough frames available to dedicate to the service; I’m not sure they do, yet.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All the substantively different frames:

Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1.5 million miler, SU Gold, JL Sapphire
Another change they think we will like? Like dynamic pricing for rewards, 10-across rows in 777 airplanes, etc?

Expanded lunch boxes including Doritos maybe?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Inflight beverage service will now be Tang.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This has better not be about overhead bins.

I'm going to go with, premium economy to be available on more routes.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by wrp96
Inflight beverage service will now be Tang.
You actually made me laugh out loud! And yet, I think I'd be OK with that ...

When I was a kid, there was a hot dog cart nearby (think NYC style dirty water dogs, but on the civilized side of the Hudson River) - who had GREAT hot dogs.... and the only drink available was orange drink. Wanted a Coke, you got "orange drink". Ordered a water, "orange drink". Root beer? Orange drink.

Not sure what exactly that orange drink was, or where he got it, but just seeing Tang makes me reminisce about it. And now I'm thirsty.

Wow -- just did a quick Google search and it looks like the cart's still there! Guess I know where I'm going for lunch tomorrow ......
https://www.yelp.com/biz/petes-hot-dogs-jersey-city
largeeyes and wrp96 like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:28 pm

Moon Pies will be added to the BOB menu.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:29 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Unveiling of CRJ550 (with the closets, and more space) and the first route announcement (XNA)? I believe the first just came out of mod and paint...
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
"Houston we have final confirmation for liftoff"

Its got to be an IAH based route.... right?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
You actually made me laugh out loud! And yet, I think I'd be OK with that ...

When I was a kid, there was a hot dog cart nearby (think NYC style dirty water dogs, but on the civilized side of the Hudson River) - who had GREAT hot dogs.... and the only drink available was orange drink. Wanted a Coke, you got "orange drink". Ordered a water, "orange drink". Root beer? Orange drink.

Not sure what exactly that orange drink was, or where he got it, but just seeing Tang makes me reminisce about it. And now I'm thirsty.

Wow -- just did a quick Google search and it looks like the cart's still there! Guess I know where I'm going for lunch tomorrow ......
https://www.yelp.com/biz/petes-hot-dogs-jersey-city
Enjoy your orange drink.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.