Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Club membership now $650 effective 8/13/19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Club membership now $650 effective 8/13/19

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Perhaps raising the price means UA can more from Chase for the lounge access privileges.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by onthesam
What would whomever you correspond with at Chase know at this point?
My card is up for renewal so I guess I will know soon. Perhaps I will at least get one more year at $450. If indeed it does jump to $650 I will dump it.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:04 pm
Suspended

Well if the effective date is mid August the release of info would be well known. I talked to Chass mgt that the Club Card fee isn’t being increased next month or in the near future. It appears the increase is when u purchase the membership directly from UA.... not from Chase
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
To be clear:

Fact: UA has announced that membership (purchased from UA) will increase to $650 effective 8/13/19.

Speculation on this board (based in part on historic experience): The club card annual fee will increase soon.

Last edited by onthesam; Jun 21, 2019 at 8:01 pm
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
Well if the effective date is mid August the release of info would be well known. I talked to Chass mgt that the Club Card fee isn’t being increased next month or in the near future. It appears the increase is when u purchase the membership directly from UA.... not from Chase
If so great, I'll ride it for another year.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:51 pm
Suspended

Where’s ur proof??? I called chase mgt and they are saying something different
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by onthesam
Fact: UA has announced that membership (purchased from UA) will increase to $650 effective 8/13/19.

Speculation on this board (based in part on historic experience): The club card annual fee will increase soon.
We are speculating, based on past experience. No proof.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:48 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
who in chase management do you call? Like the head of chase card services?
Old Jun 22, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: 1MM, UA 1k
It’s hard to justify paying this amount out of BOS. This morning, I arrive for my yogurt/granola and I get styrofoam bowls and plastic utensils?? Really? Cheapens the whole experience, and not inspiring to re-up.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I used to pay for the club membership then my company gave me one as I traveled a lot. I found very little value in it. Can't imagine paying $650 a year for it.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: Latam Pass Black; UA 1K, 1MM; Marriott LT
I'm sure it has been said upthread, but the value is really troublesome in most locations that I would use - EWR and IAD.

IAD last week flying in Polaris, so access to the club by C8: very limited choice of house drinks, food was slightly improved (but nothing that made me want to eat it). And the place was packed, humid and like something out of a 70s airplane movie.

Slightly off topic, but I think if you have to suffer a normal club and are flying Polaris, you should at least get your choice of any of the booze without having to pay..that's the case in the Polaris lounges, so why not in this case? It could be policed by either a piece of paper handed out at check in to the club, or bar tender review of bp, which would be less efficient I guess.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 8:09 am
Suspended

I got my news from the chase ceo last night in bed
iluv2fly, Xyzzy and Jubileesmom like this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by LimeyFlyer
Slightly off topic, but I think if you have to suffer a normal club and are flying Polaris, you should at least get your choice of any of the booze without having to pay..that's the case in the Polaris lounges, so why not in this case? It could be policed by either a piece of paper handed out at check in to the club, or bar tender review of bp, which would be less efficient I guess.
AA does this. If you are in an Admiral Club but flying a Flagship-eligible itinerary you get drink chits for premium drinks.
silverforumsurf likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LimeyFlyer
Oh great, then we'd have a massive thread on FT about whether or not to tip the bartender when using the free drink coupons...
Old Jun 22, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: Latam Pass Black; UA 1K, 1MM; Marriott LT
Originally Posted by threeoh
AA does this. If you are in an Admiral Club but flying a Flagship-eligible itinerary you get drink chits for premium drinks.
Thx.. good to know, and we live in hope that will eventually be implemented by UA.

Originally Posted by jgreen1024
Oh great, then we'd have a massive thread on FT about whether or not to tip the bartender when using the free drink coupons...
Lol.. now that is one of the easier questions to answer: with another free drink coupon of course! :-)

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 22, 2019 at 10:19 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.