FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   United Polaris - New Business Class seats & inflight service {Archive} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1974311-united-polaris-new-business-class-seats-inflight-service-archive.html)

matrixwalker2012 Jun 2, 2016 9:10 am

Originally Posted by qukslvr619 (Post 26717092)
From Q&A:
Does United Polaris service replace United Global First? What's the future of United Global First?

In December, United Global First is being rebranded as United Polaris Global First and will receive all of the additional United Polaris amenities, in addition to the great offerings you've come to expect from our international first class product. As we update our fleet over the next several years to incorporate our signature United Polaris direct-aisle-access seating, we will be phasing out the first class cabin and moving toward a two-cabin experience for international travel.

United Polaris Global First is kinda clunky. Surprised they didn't try a United Polaris BusinessFirst....why not just United GlobalFirst and United Polaris?

An interim name for a dying product. Before long, it will fade into history.

cerealmarketer Jun 2, 2016 9:11 am

Reading through on the inflight product description....

Looks like wines get 'significantly' upgraded
Chocolates / pastries added alongside the sundae for dessert
Truffle with the pre-departure beverage
Cheese looks nicer
2 pillows and the duvet, plus cover
Gel cooled pillows avail on request
Slippers on all flights
PJs on 12 hour flights
Hot snacks (like the domestic lobster mac) in the galley on 8 hour+ day flights, and 12 hour night flights

PTahCha Jun 2, 2016 9:12 am

Originally Posted by oopl (Post 26717095)
Didn't they just "remodel" the HKG lounge?

The "remodel" was simply a refresh of furniture and carpet. No construction changes.

cerealmarketer Jun 2, 2016 9:12 am

Originally Posted by nevansm (Post 26716999)
Polaris is also coming to 350-1000, 772, and 767. I'll be interested to see what the 767 layout is like...

787-10 also mentioned.

No mention of 787-9/8 yet.

dinoscool3 Jun 2, 2016 9:13 am

Looks real great! Love the new lounges, the new name, pajamas and the (supposed) new menus. ^ I haven't found a good look at the new seat yet though, the video makes it look good but is there a seatmap up or something?

Originally Posted by cmdinnyc (Post 26717087)
Did channa write this press release? It reads like one of those April 1st ones.

That's what I thought. I knew some good stuff (the new J seat) was coming, but I didn't think it would be this much of a makeover.

Lewis42 Jun 2, 2016 9:13 am

I feel sad.

The first thing I did when I saw this was "MUST POST TO FT!"

Is this something to be proud of or ashamed of? I am not yet sure...

NikoLGA Jun 2, 2016 9:14 am

Looks like we will have a lot of Polaris Lounges. I think United Club members will have access, but not for 2 guests.

http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris-business-class/p/1

SFO, LAX, IAH, IAD, EWR, LHR, HKG, NRT

Madone59 Jun 2, 2016 9:16 am

WOW! Pajama's......look at UA stepping it up. Now all they have to do is turn this website into a reality.

matrixwalker2012 Jun 2, 2016 9:17 am

Originally Posted by drewguy (Post 26717090)
Looks like they've found a way to repurpose the Global First lounges - they can become the "exclusive" lounge for premium class travelers, leaving the *G rif-raf to the UC.

AA is doing the same thing by opening up their flagship lounges to business class pax. It's almost like the LH Business/Senator lounge concept but reversed. Status based access to the regular J lounge and their own pax, an exclusive super J lounge.

cyclogenesis Jun 2, 2016 9:17 am

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis (Post 26717122)
Looks like we will have a lot of Polaris Lounges. I think United Club members will have access, but not for 2 guests.

Wow.. that will be nice for UC members.. I hope they keep the UC clubs for those who want to guest

EWR764 Jun 2, 2016 9:17 am

Originally Posted by nevansm (Post 26716999)
Polaris is also coming to 350-1000, 772, and 767. I'll be interested to see what the 767 layout is like...

My guess is 767 will be something like |/ |/ \|, staggered, of course, with other widebodies at |/ \||/ \|

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 26717032)
In other words, replacing the GFLs, with the addition of EWR and IAH. Wonder if they'll be converting an existing UC there.

Construction on the new C-North concourse at IAH is underway, so I am sure the Polaris lounge will be there. Otherwise the 3rd floor of the IAH-E club would make sense (or as a location for a second PL).

At EWR, I understand the PL will be within a 'new' space (in the existing building) near the C-3 club.

RTWSTARALLIANCE Jun 2, 2016 9:18 am

So UA will remain inconsistent in its' intl business class product. Certainly assume they will be keeping 787-8 and 787-9 for many years to come.
:(

Originally Posted by oopl (Post 26717061)
Doesn't seem to be mentioned.

milesmilesmiles Jun 2, 2016 9:18 am

Please tell me there is more than this......45 minutes to go for stuff about mileage program, operational performance improvement, security lines, etc....

mdobbins Jun 2, 2016 9:19 am

Originally Posted by agjil (Post 26716998)
official link: united.com/Polaris

The link to the FAQs isn't working. Color me surprised! :rolleyes:

BTA Jun 2, 2016 9:19 am

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis (Post 26717122)

My guess is that access is only for international premium cabin flyers. Not UC members. Making it more exclusive similar to the GFL lounges they are replacing. I have no idea, just my guess