Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diaper changing in the seat - Ick

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by chavala
Don't show your child's body parts in public then. If you don't open a poopy diaper next to me you have nothing to worry about. Otherwise, I will do what I can to make your flight miserable as you are doing to me. The thought of it makes my stomach churn.
I don't even like fully clothed, nice smelling kids near me LOL
I highly doubt any parent would open a poopy diaper on the seat. (the OP does not clarify if it was just a wet diaper or a poopy diaper) You want to be able to quickly wrap up and put a poopy diaper away from the child's legs in case they decide to start randomly kicking. There's nowhere to put a poopy diaper away in that scenario, whereas in a lav you can at least set it aside while dealing with cleaning up the baby and putting the new diaper on. (At least for me and my wife, we carry plastic bags to wrap up the diaper before throwing it in the waste chute in the lav. We get that it smells.)

In other words, you're probably going to be only dealing with the smell of a wet diaper if this happens to you, and if you can't deal with that, I don't know what to tell you.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:15 pm

Speaking from experience...even the new slimline lavs are large enough to change a diaper. Granted, my daughter’s head and feet basically touch the walls (she’s 2 now so hopefully not too much longer with diapers), but changing a diaper in a seat (even with a changing pad) is just not ok.

You're dealing with a dirty diaper, a dirty front/bottom, and then disposal of the mess afterwards.

It’s not ok in F and it’s not ok in Y. Would you place your child on a seat in a restaurant and change their diaper? of course not (I hope)!
Spiff and chavala like this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 4:41 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
As it is hard to see the value of this thread to the community, will close and consult with the other UA Moderators if there is any value in continuing

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.