Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Can business pax on Turkish use IAH Polaris Lounge?

Old Jun 11, 19, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I have about 300 CO miles I used for a subscription to Ebony magazine.

Can business pax on Turkish use IAH Polaris Lounge? If not, is there a lounge for Turkish pax at IAH?
Old Jun 11, 19, 7:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Yes. https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...es/access.html
Old Jun 11, 19, 7:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1.8MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by correction View Post
Can business pax on Turkish use IAH Polaris Lounge? ...
Only on departure from IAH, not on arrival
(the above applies as OP is flying TK and not UA -- UA allows access on arrival if flying on a Polaris ticket)

If not, is there a lounge for Turkish pax at IAH?
No TK lounge in IAH

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 12, 19 at 11:44 am Reason: clarification
Old Jun 11, 19, 7:51 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Can business pax on Turkish use IAH Polaris Lounge? If not, is there a lounge for Turkish pax at IAH?
It depends. If you are leaving from IAH in Business Class on Turkish, you can access the Polaris Lounge. If you are coming into IAH in Business Class on Turkish and connecting to another flight inside the US you cannot access the Polaris Lounge.
ISTFlyer and Yoshi212 like this.
Old Jun 11, 19, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I have about 300 CO miles I used for a subscription to Ebony magazine.
Excellent. Thanks.
Old Jun 11, 19, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, TK Elite, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis First
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
Yes, in Terminal B and should be able to use on departure and arrival
The only lounge in terminal B is a United club, which they would not have access to on arrival.

Are you thinking of IAD?
Old Jun 11, 19, 8:24 pm

Programs: ex-Con *Gold (earned)

Yes, in Terminal B and should be able to use on departure and arrival
That seems awkward since B is exclusively regional jets and TK arrives and departs from D.
Old Jun 11, 19, 8:25 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1.8MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by docbert View Post
The only lounge in terminal B is a United club, which they would not have access to on arrival.

Are you thinking of IAD?
Yes, read IAD -- have already corrected as you were posting
kale73 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 19, 8:11 am

Programs: OnePass, PriorityClub
if OP has time, it might be worth the trouble to use the Polaris Club in E. It is MUCH nicer than the KLM or AF lounge (*A Lounges) in D. The transportation between E and D is not that difficult.

I just read the policy via the link posted by mahasamatman. It appears that passengers (not guests) can use the SFO Polaris Lounge if certain conditions are met. However, I have been told by the ORD United Club staff that we were entitled to use Polaris Lounge when I was checking into the UC after a MUC-ORD flight. We chose stay at the UC because Polaris was too far away and our connection was short.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 12, 19 at 11:41 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Jun 12, 19, 9:06 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, TK Elite, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis First
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly View Post
However, I have been told by the ORD United Club staff that we were entitled to use Polaris Lounge when I was checking into the UC after a MUC-ORD flight.
If MUC-ORD was on UA then you are allowed access to the Polaris lounge in ORD - even if you're not connecting (although in that case you won't be able to physically access it unless you have a way to get back past TSA). If MUC-ORD was on another *A airline then you will not get access to Polaris in ORD.
Old Jun 12, 19, 9:10 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly View Post
I just read the policy via the link posted by mahasamatman. It appears that passengers (not guests) can use the SFO Polaris Lounge if certain conditions are met. However, I have been told by the ORD United Club staff that we were entitled to use Polaris Lounge when I was checking into the UC after a MUC-ORD flight. We chose stay at the UC because Polaris was too far away and our connection was short.
But was your MUC-ORD flight on United Polaris or on LH Business Class? If it was on United Polaris obviously you have access to the Polaris Lounge in ORD while waiting for a flight to your final destination. If it was on LH, that agent was wrong and it's good that you did not walk to the Polaris Lounge where the Polaris agents would have told you "No".