Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA is now posting their flight earnings very soon after arrival (hours, same day, ..)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2022, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Generally UA operated flights are posting with hour or two of landing and often before landing

Things that can lead to a day or two delays
-- Irrops rerouting
-- late SDC
-- Same day booking

Appears UA does some preprocessing in advance of the flight and changes after that preprocessing are processed later.
Print Wikipost

UA is now posting their flight earnings very soon after arrival (hours, same day, ..)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Free Agent

I was on AMS-IAD today, and noticed that my miles for the flight had already posted. That's a record! Anybody else seeing faster than usual mileage posting?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:46 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Condition One
I was on AMS-IAD today, and noticed that my miles for the flight had already posted. That's a record! Anybody else seeing faster than usual mileage posting?
There have been a few reports of posting in 24 hours. My recent trips posted a bit faster than normal something between 24 to 48 hours.
Kannai likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Are you sure you didn't take a Delta flight out of AMS?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My suspicion is that the departure date is the determinant variable. So when flying east to west, you will find your flights posting sooner than the other way.
lincolnjkc likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA Plat
I've had a SEA-ORD-NRT-GUM flight where the SEA-ORD credit posted before I landed in GUM. It was a redeye so that may have something to do with it. It took 48+ hours for the remaining segments to credit.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
There have been a few reports of posting in 24 hours. My recent trips posted a bit faster than normal something between 24 to 48 hours.
I'm talking about within 3 hours of landing. I'm hoping it'll be the start of a new trend, but knowing United's IT, I think this is a one-off.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
My flight to PBI landed less than 4 hours ago, and the flight has already posted to my MP account. Wow! UA tech actually doing something more efficiently!
am1108 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
It was not a fool day joke!

My SFO-PVG leaving at 4:25 pm on April 1 was posted on my account; but the earlier connection flight was not! So, it may not be once off.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 4:24 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

I arrived at 5 am on a red-eye from LAS this morning and after seeing this thread, went to my account and it has already posted.
wxguy likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
My early morning flight from yesterday still has not posted. (8 AM arrival).

Guess YMMV
Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:00 pm

Flew the EWR > LHR puddle-hopper on Mar 31 at 21:00 Eastern and noticed around noon eastern on Apr 1 that the flight posted. Still waiting on my AC flights to post...

Originally Posted by Kmxu
My SFO-PVG leaving at 4:25 pm on April 1 was posted on my account; but the earlier connection flight was not! So, it may not be once off.
I wonder if UA uses a different system for crediting miles from UA vs UX? Perhaps the mainline system only got the update?

Safe Travels,

James
Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:20 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
I flew three legs Monday 1 April (no joke LOL) PHL-IAH-HNL-GUM Less than two hours after landing at GUM Tuesday evening GUM time the HNL-GUM flight had posted to my account. Nothing yet for the others. Normally my morning PHL-IAH posts the following evening at about 36 hours and sometimes 48 hours later. YMMV
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
In the United Club after just (20 minutes ago) getting off of DEN-SFO. My flight has already posted to my account. Incredible!
am1108 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by GBadger
In the United Club after just (20 minutes ago) getting off of DEN-SFO. My flight has already posted to my account. Incredible!
pmUA flights used to post within a few hours (early next morning if late evening flight.) So took better part of a decade to remove whatever bug in CO software changed posting to 2-day lag. Sad that we’re excited to return to normal...
drewguy, am1108 and MTan like this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: 3 Month Delta Plat, UA PP 2.4mm, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Lifetime Diamond, National EE
6 hrs after den-slc this morning. Wow!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.