Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA is now posting their flight earnings very soon after arrival (hours, same day, ..)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2022, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Generally UA operated flights are posting with hour or two of landing and often before landing

Things that can lead to a day or two delays
-- Irrops rerouting
-- late SDC
-- Same day booking

Appears UA does some preprocessing in advance of the flight and changes after that preprocessing are processed later.
Print Wikipost

UA is now posting their flight earnings very soon after arrival (hours, same day, ..)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
United points now posting more quickly post flight?

I read this in The Points Guy blog that United points are now posting immediately after the flight: https://thepointsguy.com/news/united...eplus-credits/

This happened to me on Monday, but I flew yesterday at 1pm and those points are still not posted. Other experiences? Thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by JNelson113
I read this in The Points Guy blog that United points are now posting immediately after the flight: https://thepointsguy.com/news/united...eplus-credits/

This happened to me on Monday, but I flew yesterday at 1pm and those points are still not posted. Other experiences? Thanks!
I flew last week and points posted in a couple of hours! I was astonished. Normally it always takes 48 hours.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
SIN-SFO this evening.
In Polaris Lounge now and the flight has already posted. (FYI, Parked at 93, GE, and TSA-Pre as the only one in line - so a quick trip from plane to lounge.)
We’re on the same flight!!!
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:25 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by ContinentalFan

We’re on the same flight!!!
Well, you should have come by to say HI!
What seat were you in?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM
Flew back from TPE to SFO on Monday morning and within an hour after I landed my flight was credited!
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Well, you should have come by to say HI!
What seat were you in?
I just sent you a message on FT.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, MR Titanium
My FRA-IAD last week posted within 24 hours and I was blown away. This is one UA MP change I actually like.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Landed in Punta Cana and mileage posted while at baggage claim.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, some other stuff
Did flights just start posting immediately?

At first I thought I was imagining things... but a flight yesterday and now a flight today both posted by the time I landed. Did they finally manage to make this happen real-time?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Yes they did -- has been happening for a few weeks. There is a whole other thread on it somewhere...
Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:41 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Granted it was longhaul, but SFO-TPE had posted before I got to baggage claim. Pleasantly surprised with the recent change to mileage posting...
Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:45 am

Location: out my front door 60 min prior to IAH flight until they increased the check in time to 45 min
Programs: CO Platinum or UA 1K for so long, now almost 2MM
I had IAH->SFO->PVG post almost immediately a few days ago. So what changed? Is this the new normal?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:47 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
My DEN-EWR flight last week had posted as soon as I deplaned (checked while waiting for colleagues to deplane). I next plan to check during taxi, to see if it is triggered by landing or by gate arrival.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:37 am

Had an outbound UA flight post instantly and a return United Express flight post 24 hours later.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM
For the last couple of weeks my flights have been posting almost instantly after flight lands. Tuesday was waiting for my Uber at SFO and they posted probably 5 mins after arrival, Friday arrived IAH and they posted while I was walking to the next gate. I like the improvement, now if they could just work on some of their other issues I'd be a happy camper.

Last edited by mikeyf; Apr 20, 2019 at 10:06 pm Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.