Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA is now posting their flight earnings very soon after arrival (hours, same day, ..)

UA is now posting their flight earnings very soon after arrival (hours, same day, ..)

Old Apr 6, 19, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
BWI-SFO Friday night was posted within an hour of landing.
Old Apr 7, 19, 4:31 am

Programs: UA GS 3MM, AA Gold 1MM, HH Lifetime Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Spire
LAX-EWR yesterday. First off the plane and flight posted before I got off the jetbridge
Old Apr 7, 19, 8:20 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott LT Titanium
xxx-IAH was posted within an hour of landing.

IAH-LGA was posted within 30 minutes of boarding (before the plane even left the ground).

Outside of the 1 or 2 people who post every year asking when their miles will post so they can book that award ticket they're short a few miles for, I don't think this affects most people.

-RM
Old Apr 7, 19, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
Originally Posted by fumje View Post
What is the value to everyone of flights posting quickly? Of course quicker is better than slower, but are there times you all are waiting for your miles to post to make an award booking or something? Just wondering, as to me it doesn't matter that much, but I know others use miles differently.
I agree there isn't much "tangible" value, but there is some at least psychological benefit to seeing everything in place and knowing that everything has credited correctly. If posting take longer, and if the person flies often enough, you might have several flights that haven't posted yet, and then keeping track of what has and hasn't, and did I get shorted PQMs/PQDs etc. becomes more of a record-keeping burden.

To be sure, any such benefits are probably negligible in the grand scheme of things, but IMO they're non-zero at least
kittiyut likes this.
Old Apr 7, 19, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Air Houston View Post
This is almost as good as Northwest was about posting miles 15 years ago. Now if UA would just serve the same food in F that NW served 15 years ago.
agreed. Good to see that UA is now crediting same day. Not that it matters much, but I take the little they can manage with their IT ...
Old Apr 7, 19, 2:16 pm

Programs: United Gold, BA Exec Club, Via Rail
Any ideas if these improvements will come to *A partners like AC and LH? I several flights with AC on Mar 31 and noticed the miles posted by the 2nd which seemed about average for them but perhaps that was due to me departing before the changes took effect.

Safe Travels,

James
Old Apr 7, 19, 2:24 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM, Hilton Gold
Most recent flight posted 2 hours after landing - which was as soon as I looked. Shades of 2009!
Old Apr 7, 19, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by j2simpso View Post
Any ideas if these improvements will come to *A partners like AC and LH? I several flights with AC on Mar 31 and noticed the miles posted by the 2nd which seemed about average for them but perhaps that was due to me departing before the changes took effect.

Safe Travels,

James
UA has no control over *A posting timelines. This is entirely controlled by the partner airline submitting the info to UA.
Old Apr 7, 19, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-FO, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Platinum Premier Lifetime
On the question about the value of this change... for me, the value is that it becomes much easier for me to make sure all my flights get credited properly. It’s easy for me to remember to check on the day of my flight but rather more difficult to remember to check a week later.
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Apr 7, 19, 8:49 pm

Programs: United Gold, BA Exec Club, Via Rail
Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
UA has no control over *A posting timelines. This is entirely controlled by the partner airline submitting the info to UA.
Not even JVs like NH, LH and AC?

-James
Old Apr 7, 19, 10:06 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by j2simpso View Post
Not even JVs like NH, LH and AC? ...
JVs only cover a few flights of each carrier, not their entire schedule.
For *A, it is the operating carrier that notifies the program carrier to post the miles.
Old Apr 8, 19, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum
SFO-IAD

SFO-IAD, departed at 9:25 am yesterday, has not been posted for 32 hours and counting!
Old Apr 8, 19, 7:38 pm

Programs: United GS, SPG & Marriott Platinum
UA flights - within hours of landing
LH flights - from 2 days, down to 24hrs
NH flights - still 2 days and a few hours
LX flights - still 3 days
Old Apr 10, 19, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hertz PC, BAEC Silver
24 hours and counting for UA949 yesterday..
Old Apr 11, 19, 10:35 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott LT Titanium
Well that lasted all of a hot second for me. My flights back from LAS last week posted 1 hour after landing and right after boarding (connecting flights).

My connecting flights on Tuesday this week (booked Z class) still haven't posted.

-RM

Search this Thread