Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA is now posting their flight earnings very soon after arrival (hours, same day, ..)

Old Jan 18, 2022, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Generally UA operated flights are posting with hour or two of landing and often before landing

Things that can lead to a day or two delays
-- Irrops rerouting
-- late SDC
-- Same day booking

Appears UA does some preprocessing in advance of the flight and changes after that preprocessing are processed later.
Print Wikipost

UA is now posting their flight earnings very soon after arrival (hours, same day, ..)

Old Aug 23, 2019, 5:41 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
For the first time since they began this I had a delay in posting. Yesterday's 12:45 PM IAD-RDU which didn't involve any IROPs, flight changes by me etc. didn't post until this morning. Still an improvement over the old system though.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by CMK10
For the first time since they began this I had a delay in posting. Yesterday's 12:45 PM IAD-RDU which didn't involve any IROPs, flight changes by me etc. didn't post until this morning. Still an improvement over the old system though.
Not sure if I've just been unlucky but a couple of my flights, no IRROPS and minimal delays but booked with an OTA and performing SDC results in some delayed posting.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 3:26 pm

I landed from BNA - IAH this morning at 11:11am. My points were in my account 30 minutes later when I looked.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by VWang1111
Not sure if I've just been unlucky but a couple of my flights, no IRROPS and minimal delays but booked with an OTA and performing SDC results in some delayed posting.
Guess we're both unlucky. Flew BOS-IAH-JAN last Saturday, no IROPs, no delays, no rebookings, booked via UA and no SDCs (only change was clearly an upgrade at the gate in BOS) and the miles posted the next day.

Of course saying earlier this year it would take at least TWO days, I'm not really complaining.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 1:23 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
I thought I read somewhere that UA miles (UA metal) were depositing very quickly now....as in same day. But Mr. Ericka took a flight Thursday afternoon and it’s now Sunday. No miles yet! When should we report it?

Thanks,
Ericka
Old Oct 20, 2019, 1:43 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Ericka
I thought I read somewhere that UA miles (UA metal) were depositing very quickly now....as in same day. But Mr. Ericka took a flight Thursday afternoon and it’s now Sunday. No miles yet! When should we report it?
IIRC, my miles posted the next day, which is pretty good considering we arrived at 11:30 p.m.

The two AC segments took another couple of days.

If it were me, I'd give it a few more days before contacting UA.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum

Thanks,
Ericka
Any irregular operations or change of ticket during the trip? The last segment of my trip-in-vain took two days to post up (with very strange PQD and RDM).
Old Oct 20, 2019, 3:23 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by Kmxu
Any irregular operations or change of ticket during the trip? The last segment of my trip-in-vain took two days to post up (with very strange PQD and RDM).
Yes, he made a same day change on that ticket. We’ll give it a few more days.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Yes, he made a same day change on that ticket. We’ll give it a few more days.
It may have been posted elsewhere, but a change was forced on me due to a delayed flight. I was able to make a SDC to BUR instead of LAX, which for me home earlier than the original itinerary. I was expecting a delayed posting of the miles—it took three or four days—what I wasn’t expecting was the inclusion of the trip into the latest MilePlay. The ticket was bought well before MilePlay started, so the trip should have been ineligible.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Just landed at ORD from LAS. Flight credits posted before I was in my seat on the Blue line train. UA is getting some of their IT “stuff” together.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA 1k 3MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Last four segments (both domestic, and intl) posted inside of 1 hour from touchdown. First legit enhancement I have seen in 10 years.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
This was working well for me until this week. Flew to DFW on Tuesday, and am now back in SFO, and neither segment has posted yet. This used to be the norm, but having become comfortable with instant posting, it's now stupidly irritating!
Old Nov 22, 2019, 4:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Originally Posted by cricketer
This was working well for me until this week. Flew to DFW on Tuesday, and am now back in SFO, and neither segment has posted yet. This used to be the norm, but having become comfortable with instant posting, it's now stupidly irritating!
Same here, Flew IAD-GRU on Tuesday, Nov 19 and nothing posted yet. Maybe other days of the week work and it is just Tuesday that is delayed.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 6:42 pm

SDCed BOS-IAD-RDU to BOS-ORD-RDU last Sunday. BOS-ORD miles showed up Monday morning about 22 hours after the flight, ORD-RDU showed up Tuesday morning about 40 hours after it.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
In the past month have flown 19 segments: YVR-SFO-PVG-NRT-SFO-YVR-SFO-LIH-HNL-SFO-YVR-SFO-IAH-UIO-IAH-DEN-YVR-IAH-ORD-YVR (whew) and in all but a single segment (a YVR-SFO - the sole segment on AC metal), the credit was posted within an hour of landing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.