Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United lifetime club membership going away notice?? (is this UC or United.com Club?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United lifetime club membership going away notice?? (is this UC or United.com Club?)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:38 am

What is so weird is that OP's email leaves out anything that makes it clear that it would be the United.com club, including paragraphs mentioning TravelBank and actual mentions of "united.com Club." It also gives a completely different discontinue date and has the "lifetime" which is unique to the United Club.

@jfk747 I think that it would be appropriate at this time to post a full screenshot of the email as @worldwidedreamer did above.

In the worst case scenario, both programs are being terminated.

Originally Posted by emcampbe
Again, I’m still leaning toward spam for the OP.

Just curious, what is the ‘from’ email address on the actual message header (vs. the address on the ‘from’ line that’s default visible, which is super-easy to spoof).

This makes no sense here, except of course if the purpose is to bait the receiver. But then you would also expect some response provocation paragraph, and this is also lacking. What OP can do is to hit Reply and see which email address the reply would go to (don't send an actual reply though). If it's not united.com or any other domain associated with United, then yes, this is probably a phishing attempt.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What about lifetime Red Carpet Club members? Has that been canceled too despite people
paying for it for their lifetime? I assumed it meant that they also had lifetime access to United Clubs? What is their guest privileges, if so?
Old Nov 24, 2023, 7:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
UA, stop selling or creating new Lifetime UC memberships many years ago. It did not revoke any existing LT membership.

UA did change the requirements for UC access and some LT members feel it was a significant change but it has its own thread Lifetime Member Edition: UC access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner)

However, this thread was not about United Club lounge membership but about United.com a program provided TravelBank credit of $5 for every booked reservation on United.com that end in 2019.

To learn more, the thread covers the details of the booking credit program and this is not about UC memberships.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 24, 2023 at 8:05 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.