Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Not enough award Miles? I thought awards miles were like cash?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not enough award Miles? I thought awards miles were like cash?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
I do seperate tickets all the time for my family. I book with credit card, and I book the family with my miles. Complete non issue. This is even easier for you, as you aren't looking at connections. Book both, decide on E+ or not, and pick seats together. I have status so I never pay attention, but I think UA offers some bundled options that include luggage in addition to earlier boarding as well.
hbrocks likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by hbrocks
Awesome...(Thank you)
Wed Oct 2nd - Oct 9th...We already have airbnb booked for these dates in Maui..
Southen Calif...LAX, SNA and Long Beach LBG are close to us.

Best I'm seeing is ...LAX Direct to Maui for $438 basic economy United (thru Kayak)
(couple more post and I can attach pics)
You could have made all this work for just 40,000 UR points if you hadn't already transferred them to UA. You could have bought the Alaska flights by transferring your points to BA (which has a 30% bonus through June 16).
Old Jun 13, 2019, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA 1k Million Miler
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
You could have made all this work for just 40,000 UR points if you hadn't already transferred them to UA. You could have bought the Alaska flights by transferring your points to BA (which has a 30% bonus through June 16).
Way to go telling him what he did wrong, great preperation for a new wife 🙂
hbrocks likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by n9536j

Way to go telling him what he did wrong, great preperation for a new wife 🙂
Haha. That said, there is no better way to learn than from our mistakes. I know I wouldn't have known the best way to do this a couple of years ago when I first got these cards. The moral of the story is, never transfer points until after you have found the flights you want at the price you want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.