Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mapping various -UP fares to J/C/D/P?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by xliioper
Both DL and UA consider them true first class fares by the fare rules --

APPLICATION
CLASS OF SERVICE
THESE FARES APPLY FOR FIRST/BUSINESS CLASS SERVICE.

Only AA still has the following language in their fare rules for discount domestic FC fares which might give them some wiggle room --

ECONOMY FARE WITH AN INSTANT ONE-CLASS UPGRADE AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE TO FIRST/BUSINESS.
APPLICATION
CLASS OF SERVICE
THESE FARES APPLY FOR ECONOMY CLASS SERVICE.
Yes, AA has treated these fares differently for years.

Note that the differential (or UP) fares are not necessarily "discount." They go all the way up the fare ladder, and include fully flexible fares, such as a $5288 fare SFO-EWR, Y fare basis that books into C (YAC00UPY). Indeed, on domestic routes, "true" J or F fares hardly exist anymore. I think what UA has found is that differential pricing makes more sense than pricing the Y and J/F cabins wholly independent of one another.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.