Polaris service IAH to EZE?

Old Jun 5, 2019, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Elite50k, BAEC Blue, Amex Plat, RBC Black Tin Visa
Polaris service IAH to EZE?

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I have searched and come up with nothing. In December/January we have to travel to EZE ex YVR via IAH. In the past we usually travel with AC but last time was underwhelmed by their new "Signature Service" and thought we'd look around for a change. IAH - EZE is flown by a 777 and I was wondering if it will be 100% Polaris service by then or the "old" Business Class cabin. Any input would be appreciated. Cheers,
EWR764 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by TheOnlyWayTo Fly
Sorry if this has been discussed before but I have searched and come up with nothing. In December/January we have to travel to EZE ex YVR via IAH. In the past we usually travel with AC but last time was underwhelmed by their new "Signature Service" and thought we'd look around for a change. IAH - EZE is flown by a 777 and I was wondering if it will be 100% Polaris service by then or the "old" Business Class cabin. Any input would be appreciated. Cheers,
Polaris "service", yes, but no guarantees on the actual seat. Probably better than 50-50 odds by that time, but that might not be good enough for you...
Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by EWR764
Polaris "service", yes, but no guarantees on the actual seat. Probably better than 50-50 odds by that time, but that might not be good enough for you...
Anecdotally, my observation out of IAH is that the IAH>EZE route is the most frequent to get the new polaris config of all the longhaul international routes from IAH. But as noted, OP, it can not be guaranteed.
kirkwoodj and st530 like this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1k
I flew this roundtrip within the last two weeks and I observed the aircraft for a couple of weeks before. Most of the time (80-90%) it was the old 2-2-2 configuration
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
OP: If you were underwhelmed with the AC service, I'm unsure on this particular route if United will impress you. I've taken it a few times in Business and I was never really impressed by anything except the time I got a UA polar bear.I think I tend to get better service on the UA trans cons on the new 78710 in the new Polaris cabin
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Ti, LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by TheOnlyWayTo Fly
In the past we usually travel with AC but last time was underwhelmed by their new "Signature Service" and thought we'd look around for a change.
I doubt you would find UA service meaningfully better. You might find it worse. You might also consider whether the change is really worth an unnecessary U.S. transfer, as that's something most non U.S. citizens would be well advised to avoid if possible.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:19 am

Anecdotally, I am flying IAH-EZE this Friday. Had looked at the seating arrangement on United website before changing to this flight (I was previously on CM), and it showed the 2-2-2 config. When I re-ticketed, I went to select my seats and lo and behold, Polarized!

Pretty excited. But, from what I've read, it could get swapped.
Kannai likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by txaggiemiles
Anecdotally, my observation out of IAH is that the IAH>EZE route is the most frequent to get the new polaris config of all the longhaul international routes from IAH. But as noted, OP, it can not be guaranteed.
And also note the consistent routes change over time. Due to aircraft rotation sometimes the earliest routes to see consistent updates also see consistent old products toward the end of a retrofit program.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Not sure if the time change is that great out of YVR but I am flying EZE-EWR-SFO and the EZE-EWR run is on a 767-400er with a Polaris 2-1-2 configuration. I suspect it may be the same config EWR-EZE but you may want to check this option out if the time change isn't great. Going down I am flying through IAH but heading to MDZ through SCL on the same equipment.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Ti, LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by nomad420
EZE-EWR run is on a 767-400er with a Polaris 2-1-2 configuration.
Not Polaris. Shortest J seat in the UA fleet. I avoid always for overnight flights.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Kacee
Not Polaris. Shortest J seat in the UA fleet. I avoid always for overnight flights.
Most times the crew was kind a grumpy too. I travel that route EWR- EZE A few times a year
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine

Most times the crew was kind a grumpy too. I travel that route EWR- EZE A few times a year
I forgot the cabin is the older Polaris cabin in those planes are quite old, nothing that great. And the service even though its at the evening is really abbreviated
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:11 am

Programs: United 1K, Southwest Companion, Marriott Platinum Premier, National Executive
Flew IAH-EZE last night in J. Originally Polaris 777. Frame got stuck in EWR due to weather/MX issues. Swapped to non polaris frame. Just prior to boarding it went MX. Ironically, flight was swapped back to original frame after a 3.5hr delay. Hard polaris was at least a nice conciliation for the delay.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.