Wiki Posts
Search

iad/dca-lax fare and booking question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MPGS, 1MM
iad/dca-lax fare and booking question

Is there a reason that certain flight combos from dca-lax via ewr won't price on the website in anything but basic economy? For example, on June 19, UA3436 connecting to UA751 shows "not available" for any fare bucket other than basic economy, even though 751 clearly has all classes available (for example, if I try to make the reservation through iad rather than dca, first class is clearly available) and 3436 can be booked separately in any class (BE, regular or flexible economy, first). Is the only option to book the segments separately using advanced search? Or do i have a setting wrong somewhere? Thanks!
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by smithdb
Is there a reason that certain flight combos from dca-lax via ewr won't price on the website in anything but basic economy?
UA broke the flight combination rules pretty significantly when they introduced BE. That said, you aren't supposed to be able to route most first class fares onto EWR-LAX (for exactly the reason that you're trying to do it .
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
It is perfectly available

Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MPGS, 1MM
Originally Posted by cfischer
It is perfectly available

Well, that certainly seems to be correct if I try to book a one-way fare -- then all options, including regular economy and first are available. The minute I switch to roundtrip (trying to take a redeye back on 6/20), the system will only offer the BE fare. I may well misunderstand the rules, but that seems like a very odd result.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 5:24 pm

Works for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.