Surprise - better MP earning on EVA

Old May 30, 19, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, CX Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Surprise - better MP earning on EVA

I fly EVA from time to time and always credit to United MP. Just bought a ticket for an EVA flight and discovered that, as of 6/1/19, EVA-ticketed P fares (discount premium economy) will earn 100% RDM and PQM on United instead of the current 50%, and Q fares (economy) will now earn 75% RDM and PQM on United instead of 50%.

It's not every day I look at mileage earnings and see that something has actually improved! I wonder what that catch will be.
Old May 30, 19, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
Originally Posted by IMissThe747 View Post
I fly EVA from time to time and always credit to United MP. Just bought a ticket for an EVA flight and discovered that, as of 6/1/19, EVA-ticketed P fares (discount premium economy) will earn 100% RDM and PQM on United instead of the current 50%, and Q fares (economy) will now earn 75% RDM and PQM on United instead of 50%.

It's not every day I look at mileage earnings and see that something has actually improved! I wonder what that catch will be.
IMissThe747 - Thank you for bringing this to my attention. It is amusing how these changes occur with no warning. Of note, a friend flies BR and credits to TG. P earns 100% & Q earns 50% miles.
Old May 30, 19, 11:13 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM - Jet Blue Mosaic - Hyatt LTG - Hilton Diamond (Aspire) - Hertz PC
According to the UA website, the changes for BR crediting to UA appear to be:

C, J 125% -> 150%
K . . 100% -> 125%

L, T 100% -> 115%
P . . 50% -> 100%
H, Q 50% -> 75%

An improvement for sure (and good for me as I often wind up with J fares) but still seems quite below UA's own PQM multipliers.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old May 30, 19, 11:25 pm

Great news as all the good PremEcon fares are booking into P.
Old May 31, 19, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by strife View Post
An improvement for sure (and good for me as I often wind up with J fares) but still seems quite below UA's own PQM multipliers.
Well, actually, these are RDM values, not PQMs. PQMs are 100% for CJDKLTPYB, 75% for MHQ, and 50% for SW. (No credit for anything else). The last time I checked, the only airlines to offer >100% PQMs in MileagePlus were UA and its joint venture partners (AC, LH, LX, SN, OS, NH, and NZ).
Old May 31, 19, 2:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, OZ Gold
Originally Posted by jsloan View Post
Well, actually, these are RDM values, not PQMs. PQMs are 100% for CJDKLTPYB, 75% for MHQ, and 50% for SW. (No credit for anything else). The last time I checked, the only airlines to offer >100% PQMs in MileagePlus were UA and its joint venture partners (AC, LH, LX, SN, OS, NH, and NZ).
Also CM, because of that close partnership.
jsloan likes this.
Old May 31, 19, 2:48 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM - Jet Blue Mosaic - Hyatt LTG - Hilton Diamond (Aspire) - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jsloan View Post
Aware that those numbers are for RDMs and did not intend to imply otherwise. I was making general commentary on how the RDM earning is so poor, especially for elites buying premium cabins. In my case, it'll still be nearly 3x difference even with the D fare improvement. At least if the RDM bonus matched the PQM bonus, that gap would be under 2x.

If anyone is interested in the PQM changes on BR crediting UA, they seem to be:

P . . 50% -> 100%
H, Q 75% -> 100%
Old May 31, 19, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by strife View Post
Aware that those numbers are for RDMs and did not intend to imply otherwise. I was making general commentary on how the RDM earning is so poor, especially for elites buying premium cabins. In my case, it'll still be nearly 3x difference even with the D fare improvement. At least if the RDM bonus matched the PQM bonus, that gap would be under 2x.
Ah.

Same thing, really. Bonus RDMs for Premier passengers only apply to the same set of airlines. It's subtle, but MileagePlus is designed to reward you more for giving money to UA, whether directly or indirectly. (Well, it's really designed to reward you for giving money to Chase and to Hertz. but that's another story...)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: