Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Transaction number for Chase UA choice redemption?

Old May 26, 19, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1KMM

The current web interface is missing the key number to get cash credit on the UA ticket purchase
​​​​​.

I know, not the best use of UA miles, but how do statement credit work these days for Chase "choices"?
Old May 27, 19, 11:21 am

You’re right. It used to be front and center and easy to find, but now I see only the 016 number. Have you tried calling Chase?
Old May 27, 19, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by prometa View Post
You’re right. It used to be front and center and easy to find, but now I see only the 016 number. Have you tried calling Chase?
Yes.

The customer service rep was exquisitely unhelpful, to the point that he was telling me that the transaction number was only kept for a couple of days (like a PNR!) and suggested that I contact MPSC -- I gently pushed back and asked for a supervisor and he magically found a "super long number" that might be it.

Five minutes later he got "permission" to read it off. Let's see if my transcription skills of a 19 (15?) digit number are good and if that's the thing that the choices folks can use. Wish me luck.

Good thing I'm trying to use up the last of my choices so I can shut down the UA MP select card. The 5k PQM aren't as useful as they once were for me, and the Sapphire is much better in terms of earning.
Old May 27, 19, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hertz President's Circle, Uber Platinum
You can get it from your transaction history on line. Super easy I do it all the time
Old May 27, 19, 3:45 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
I may not be understanding the question but
Go to your online Chase account, select the activity for a card.
Select the right time frame
Scroll down to the qualifying activity and click on ">" to see the transaction details and the "Reference number" an 18 digit number

Before it said "see details" now it is ">"

Search this Thread
Search Engine: