Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Dramatic 2020 fare increase for SFO to LAS flights April 22 - 25 for NFL 2020 Draft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dramatic 2020 fare increase for SFO to LAS flights April 22 - 25 for NFL 2020 Draft

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2019, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Barry3
sk8er: very good point. I did manage to book my lodging at a nominal rate at my favorite Las Vegas hotel. Shortly after, saw the following in the Las Vegas Review-Journal dated May 10: "Room rates at the Hooters Hotel start at $999 for the first day of the draft, a 1,165 percent markup from the previous week’s $79, according to a May 9 search on Booking.com." Once a precedent has been set I guess....
Hooters is obviously fishing for absolute idiots. Same with UA’s fares far in advance. Even during the recent EDC, rooms at higher-end hotels could be had for mid-300s. The draft brings in nowhere the numbers of EDC or NYE.
Old May 22, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Barry3
Business class has risen from ~$575 RT to $2175 RT.
Do people realize this is a 85 minute flight, tops? It just free booze and a snack basket if there's no turbulence.
Old May 22, 2019, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Do people realize this is a 85 minute flight, tops? It just free booze and a snack basket if there's no turbulence.
...or a scone if it’s a morning flight.
Old May 22, 2019, 11:31 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
And it is actually not so rare that there is no service at all. Just recently on LAS-LAX they announced at the gate there would be no service due to „turbulence“. Not a single bump all the way ...
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old May 23, 2019, 7:19 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by worldclubber

And it is actually not so rare that there is no service at all. Just recently on LAS-LAX they announced at the gate there would be no service due to „turbulence“. Not a single bump all the way ...
We must have been on the same flight. It was ten days ago I had that experience!
Old May 23, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
I am actually seeing UA "surge" pricing for Mondays in December (and August) 2019 leaving LAS. Not unusual but high enough for me to book the return from LAS with miles. I will also look at WN just have not got there yet and wanted to lock in a flight. Booked OWs for some LAS flights - first time in a while as usually the return bookings have savings over OWs but not in the recent reservations.
Old May 23, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: UA1k 3mm, HH-LifeDiamond, Mar-LifePlatElite
Also don't forget that the NAB show is the same week which draws around 100k visitors from around the globe...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.