Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Found PZ>0 availability - may not last [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Found PZ>0 availability - may not last [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by fullflaps
United is showing the flight 869 on February 4 as a 777-200, SeatGuru shows it as a 777-300ER. Flight 877 (SFO-HKG later in the day), United also shows this as a 777-200 and Seatguru shows this as the older "four seats right next to each other in a line" in J config.
And that’s why nobody should trust seatguru...

SFO-HKG will always be on a Polaris bird barring major IRROPS.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA
Just scored some award/upgraded tickets to Australia. Looks likes plenty of IN and PZ space available departing just up to the New Year (Dec 30 and 31) from IAH, LAX and SFO to SYD.

Also looks like there is some LAX/SFO-MEL availability.

Cheers.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 11, 2019 at 12:05 am Reason: moved to exisiting thread
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:03 pm

I always appreciate all the information I've read on FlyerTalk and figured I'd share my find with you all.

Just scored some (what I consider lucky, given high season) award/upgraded tickets to Australia. Looks likes plenty of IN and PZ space available departing just up to the New Year from IAH, LAX and SFO to SYD.

Dec 30
LAX - PZ9 IN9
SFO - PZ9 IN9
IAH - PZ9 IN5

Dec 31
LAX - PZ9 IN0
SFO - PZ8 IN0
IAH - PZ9 IN1

Also looks like there is some LAX/SFO-MEL availability. Looks like Christmas in July folks.

Cheers.
mechteach likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 11, 2019 at 12:05 am Reason: moved to exisiting thread
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:38 pm
formerly smoaky

Originally Posted by whiskE_flyer
Just scored some award/upgraded tickets to Australia. Looks likes plenty of IN and PZ space available departing just up to the New Year (Dec 30 and 31) from IAH, LAX and SFO to SYD.

Also looks like there is some LAX/SFO-MEL availability.

Cheers.
On United metal? Not seeing anything but flights connecting through Asia on Air China etc. with the second leg in economy.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by smoaky
On United metal? Not seeing anything but flights connecting through Asia on Air China etc. with the second leg in economy.
I see nonstop saver business from IAH, LAX, and SFO on the 30th, and from IAH on the 31st.

Probably won't last more than a few hours.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:01 am

Smoaky, I'm only seeing IN class (elite - platinum or 1k - cant see the saver fare when logged in under my spouse acct) and PZ space. I am not seeing any I class (standard business saver awards) available from IAH, LAX or SFO to either SYD or MEL. Keep an eye though, they may pop up. Good luck
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:17 am
formerly smoaky

Smoaky, I'm only seeing IN class (elite - platinum or 1k - cant see the saver fare when logged in under my spouse acct) and PZ space. I am not seeing any I class (standard business saver awards) available from IAH, LAX or SFO to either SYD or MEL. Keep an eye though, they may pop up. Good luck
Ah gotchya. I don't have status and only just got the United Card (so it may not trigger whatever benefit that has in terms of search results yet). I had booked LGA-SYD via Montreal and Vancouver using United Points on AC the final leg in J but curious to see what other combos may come up around February. Looking more out of curiosity if this is only the end of the year.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by smoaky
Ah gotchya. I don't have status and only just got the United Card (so it may not trigger whatever benefit that has in terms of search results yet)
There's no effect on business class availability. However, if you're looking at itineraries with connections, having the card may open saver economy space on a domestic UA flight that connects to a saver business space on a long-haul flight.

Of course, all of that is subject to change as of 11/15, when the award chart goes away and all awards cost whatever the computer says they cost.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I always appreciate all the information I've read on FlyerTalk and figured I'd share my find with you all.

Just scored some (what I consider lucky, given high season) award/upgraded tickets to Australia. Looks likes plenty of IN and PZ space available departing just up to the New Year from IAH, LAX and SFO to SYD.

Dec 30
LAX - PZ9 IN9
SFO - PZ9 IN9
IAH - PZ9 IN5

Dec 31
LAX - PZ9 IN0
SFO - PZ8 IN0
IAH - PZ9 IN1

Also looks like there is some LAX/SFO-MEL availability. Looks like Christmas in July folks.

Cheers.
Pretty good find, although note that either option has you in the air for New Year's Eve, which is probably why they are predicting low loads
jsloan and whiskE_flyer like this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:51 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
I noticed that there is now a lot of saver seats (75K OW) available EWR-HKG Jan 20-29. to coincide with the Chinese New year 2020, January 20. These flights generally fill up with Non-Revs as it is a slow time for business trips to HKG.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by jsloan
There's no effect on business class availability. However, if you're looking at itineraries with connections, having the card may open saver economy space on a domestic UA flight that connects to a saver business space on a long-haul flight.

Of course, all of that is subject to change as of 11/15, when the award chart goes away and all awards cost whatever the computer says they cost.

Refer to the Decoding the Alphabet Soup - fare buckets for UA forum - as there is different award inventory for elites, nonelites, card holders, etc.
I do agree that itineraries with domestic connections almost always screw up saver space, especially with business awards.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Refer to the Decoding the Alphabet Soup - fare buckets for UA forum - as there is different award inventory for elites, nonelites, card holders, etc.
So? jsloan's post is 100% accurate.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:30 am

Crap, sorry. Jsloan is spot on. My post night shift brain is not serving me well today.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
SFO-EWR on Tuesdays in Aug. Varies from I9 to PZ2 for the 5pm departure on the Polaris equipped 77e.

Some availability on the midnight departure as well. Also a Polaris 77e.
jayzala and Kacee like this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by findark
Pretty good find, although note that either option has you in the air for New Year's Eve, which is probably why they are predicting low loads
true. Nobody wants to arrive in Sydney the morning of Jan 1. The day before is a much better option (especially for first time visitors to Australia)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.