Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Found PZ>0 availability - may not last [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Found PZ>0 availability - may not last [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2019, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by cesco.g
FRA-ORD UA# 945
May 26 PN9 PZ9
May 27 PN9 PZ9
May 28 PN8 PZ8
Wow! I'm glad I was sitting down. Nice find.
Nyck likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
Wow! I'm glad I was sitting down. Nice find.
There is also IN9 on a couple of days.

Maybe, once sufficient data is collected, a listing by major regions could be helpful. Such as Atlantic, Pacific, South America.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 10:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
Wow! I'm glad I was sitting down.
Memorial Day weekend is very light for business travel.

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Maybe, once sufficient data is collected, a listing by major regions could be helpful. Such as Atlantic, Pacific, South America.
You've put your finger on why this kind of thread tends not to be that helpful . . . it's just a random assortment of data points, and by the time it can be grouped and categorized, much of the data is out of date.
Miggles and ContinentalFan like this.
Old May 18, 2019, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA, AS
I do not expect categorization to help much because release patterns are constantly changing but seeing something here may help someone on a one off basis and even that can be helpful.
jonisflying likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA
SFO-ICN seems to have good PZ availability. Any other Asia cities that consistently have PZ availability? I'm trying to plan a trip to Thailand.
cesco.g likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:59 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by fullflaps
SFO-ICN seems to have good PZ availability. Any other Asia cities that consistently have PZ availability? I'm trying to plan a trip to Thailand.
You can find something on pretty much all of them from SFO. Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
cesco.g likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:17 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak
It seems to me in order to usefully crowd-source this you'd have to have a browser plugin or something that could automatically submit PZ from searches to a central site for aggregation and display in a more organized and machine-searchable manner than a freeform bulletin board thread (and I imagine UA would frown upon that)
You might as well just programmatically scrape united.com at that point! lol
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:21 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mr8
You might as well just programmatically scrape united.com at that point! lol
The point I was making wasn't that it was worth doing...
Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:03 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm trying to plan a trip to Thailand.
HKG is probably best overall. 77W, short connecting flight to BKK, numerous connecting options.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
HKG is probably best overall. 77W, short connecting flight to BKK, numerous connecting options.
Unless you don’t get the upgrade and you’ll get to enjoy 14 hours in the 777-300 economy class before that short flight to BKK!
Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Unless you don’t get the upgrade and you’ll get to enjoy 14 hours in the 777-300 economy class before that short flight to BKK!
We are specifically talking about flights that are PZ>0 at booking. Check the thread title.
Air Houston likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 3, 2019 at 12:54 am Reason: snark not needed
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:21 am

Thank you for that info. HKG is my first choice but so far have been unable to find PZ availability. Will start focusing on weekday SFO flights.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:35 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Thank you for that info. HKG is my first choice but so far have been unable to find PZ availability. Will start focusing on weekday SFO flights.
Forget about any destination if you're only looking at weekend departures.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by myperks

sfo tpe is almost always available on weekdays... and far out too... March 2020 is wide open.
IMO, listing individual flights has extraordinarily limited utility, but consolidating this kind of more generally applicable knowledge would be quite valuable. For example, those of us that pay close attention know that SFO-HKG is going to have a lot of easy upgrades with the second flight (and has had them for a while), but that kind of info is super spread out.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by travelinmanS

United is showing the flight 869 on February 4 as a 777-200, SeatGuru shows it as a 777-300ER. Flight 877 (SFO-HKG later in the day), United also shows this as a 777-200 and Seatguru shows this as the older "four seats right next to each other in a line" in J config.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.